When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Our Englewood office is in a charming, inclusive town just 10 miles from Time Square and its residents enjoy a vast array of entertainment, shopping, and housing options. We chose Englewood to better serve all of our Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Unionand Passaic counties in the New Jersey region. Our ground-floor office makes it easy for our clients to walk in and meet with us to discuss their needs privately and in person.
Westfield, NJ is in Union County and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. It is an affluent, family-friendly community where there’s a suburban setting mixed with urban living benefits. Westfield is a classic town for modern families. It’s noted for its beautiful downtown area, great school system, and convenient commute to New York City. Westfield is accessible off the Garden State Parkway and New York City is an estimated 22 minutes away. Commuters have access to NJ Transit rail and bus options. The Westfield train station offers quick travel to New York Penn Station via a connection to Newark Penn Station.
1) Visit Downtown Westfield – Downtown Westfield is a New Jersey and nationally designated Main Street Community in Union County. Downtown Westfield is made up of an 18-block shopping and business district that is home to a mix of businesses including national retailers and locally owned specialty stores, art galleries, and restaurants. Major retailers include Banana Republic, Gap, Lord & Taylor, Urban Outfitters, and Williams-Sonoma. There are also more than 60 dining options as well as specialty food stores.
2) Take a stroll at Tamaques Park – Located on Lamberts Mill Road, this county park is a 106-acre park featuring picnic areas, basketball courts, a jogging path, pickleball courts, shuffleboard courts, and plenty of other recreational areas. Popular on weekends for baseball and soccer games, this is the perfect park for younger kids and parents to enjoy.
3) Explore the Miller-Cory House Museum – If you’re looking for a historical alternative, consider an educational experience at the Miller-Cory House, a living history museum. The farmhouse is now a preserved landmark and a site on the New Jersey Women’s Heritage Trail. Open on Sundays during the warmer seasons, the farm hosts a mixture of programs and events for both children and adults alike.
4) Satisfy your sweet tooth at some of Westfield’s Well-Known Dessert Locales – Indulge in dessert locales such as Kilwins and Surreal Creamery located in Westfield’s downtown area. Don’t forget to stop by these locally owned dessert shops for a distinctive dessert experience: The Chocolate Bar, Bohemian Raspberry, and Bovella Pastry Shoppe.
5) Make time for the Westfield Memorial Library – This is the only public library in Westfield, NJ. The library was recently renovated to become more modern, comfortable, and technologically savvy. The library supports learning and knowledge through self-education for residents and visitors.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Englewood Long Term Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!