Got questions about 24-Hour Home Care? We’re here to help! Call (212) 257-6706
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to talk to or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.
A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months. He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier.
Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in 24-hour home care coverage. Whether it was because your employer offered it or you decided to plan for your future on your own, the sooner you begin to explore long-term care options, the better for you and your family.
Long-term care for elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
We place a high value on compassion, warmth and the courage to do the right thing. Our 24-hour home care professionals are battle-tested. Our process intentionally rules out those looking for an easy job, way to check out all day or be on their phone.
We believe that a full understanding of the around-the-clock care options available is essential to family members. We provide 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind. Download our white paper to learn more about the type of coverage, and how to get the most out of a long-term care policy.
About 20% of Upper East Side residents are 65 or older.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx provides 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind.LEARN MORE
No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.Watch now
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Located in the area between New York Presbyterian Hospital, Gracie Square Hospital, and Lenox Hill Hospital, our Upper East Side flagship office keeps your family members connected to the best local elder care.
The Upper East Side of Manhattan, a quaint area around Central Park, Lenox Hill and Park Avenue, is the heart and soul of landmark-zoned New York City. Thanks to its new and rising luxury apartments and old charming townhouses, families are able to plant roots on its tree-lined streets. The neighborhood also boasts many wonderful destinations, such as Central Park, World-Class Museums, that caregivers can explore with their clients. About 20% of UES residents are 65 years or older, and each of them has a unique life story. Many are retired private practice doctors, former CEOs and even entrepreneurs. Yet no matter how active a life a senior may have led, there often comes a time when he or she requires a helping hand. When an elderly loved one needs companion care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our philosophy is that beauty can be revealed when an old soul is nurtured and rejuvenated. We apply it not only to our clients, but this locale, having spent six months meticulously restoring this 110-year-old building’s original details. We make sure that in providing long-term care, we go beyond mere safety, making sure your loved ones enjoy good food, opportunities to socialize, and cultural experiences whenever possible.
Manhattan is famed for its hustle and bustle. In no place is it more obvious than the Upper East Side. A certain energy suffuse everything here, from the inexpensive corner delis to its world-renowned restaurants, from the luxury retail of Madison Avenue to Central Park. LifeWorx set up shop in the midst of it all, right on the street level of Lexington Avenue. With open doors, we offer free consultations with client care coordinators and registered nurses to provide you with the right private-duty care. We believe that in-depth, in-person communication allows us to best serve our community.
1) Check out the parks – Central Park is home to a zoo, a reservoir, multiple lakes, entertainment venues, an ice-skating venue, and charming historical landmarks that surprise you at every turn. While Central Park is vast, the equally Carl Schulz Park, and equally beautiful park faces the Hudson river, providing views of Roosevelt Island and Hell Gate.
2) Visit the Frick The Upper East Side is home to some of the most well-known museums in the world. Among them is Henry Clay Frick’s former home, a mansion featuring art from Renoir, Gainsborough, Rembrandt, Titian, El Greco, Mane, and Vermeer.
3) Explore the Metropolitan Museum of Art – The largest art museum in The United States, the MET home to African, Asian, Oceanian, Byzantine, and Islamic Art in the form of musical instruments, costumes, weaponry, and more. It is unheard of to tour to The Met once, and not willfully want to return.
4) Make time for the Guggenheim – This impressive museum, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright is the home of world-renowned Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and Early Modern/Contemporary Art.
5) Dive into New York history at the Museum of The City of New York – Founded by Henry Collins Brown, this museum celebrates the city’s past and present while offering a glimpse of its possible future. A little less expansive than its rival museums, it’s a perfect place to spend and afternoon with a loved one.
6) The Neue Galerie – Focused on German and Austrian pre-war, this Expressionist museum is an easy way to enrich any part of your day.
7) Grapple with history – Look for remnants of The Gilded Age all the way from Bergdorf Goodman’s previous home to The Vanderbilt’s former home to the Conservatory Gardens and its stunning entrance.
8) Dine in some of New York’s most notable and historic restaurants – From Michelin Starred restaurants like the iconic Daniel to the relaxed eateries of JG Melon or Pastrami Queen, the Upper East Side offers a diverse and flourishing dining scene.
9) Tour Gracie Mansion – Once the site of the Museum of The City of New York, this stunning historical home now houses each Mayor of New York during his or her term.
10) Shop on Madison Ave and Stroll around Bloomingdale’s –. Hop on over to Lexington to explore this famed fashion destination.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Upper East Side LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!