Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the most touchy subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, his or her self-esteem rises. She’s more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well being.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled Home Health Aides providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Midtown Manhattan in New York City is home to some of the city’s most iconic attractions, including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Broadway and Times Square. About 13% of Midtown residents are 65 and older. If you recently visited your elderly loved one and found him or her in need of a shower or shave, it may be time to consider a home health aide (HHA). We’re here to help!
Because we, like our three other New York offices have a License from The Department of Health, we are able to easily assist with your loved one’s healthcare needs. With over 50 (and growing) Home Health Aides on our registry, we are able to search thoroughly in order to find your family the right fit in securing your own peace of mind. Each Home Health Aide provides references from past experiences, and then goes through a rigorous background check, interview, and scoring process to ensure that we are providing the best of care before stepping foot into your home.
1) Sutton Place Park – Featuring multiple benches to take in the New York City Riverfront Beauty, this promenade features winding paths aligning New York’s Hudson River.
2) Roosevelt Island Tramway – While visiting your loved one, don’t forget to check out The Roosevelt Island Tramway, the most unique and scenic way to travel in New York City.
3) MoMa – It truly does not get anymore iconic than The Museum of Modern Art. With works by Van Gogh, Rothko, Warhol, and others, you and your loved ones will enjoy exploring all that this institution has to offer, no matter your passion for art.
4) Japan Society – Perhaps your art style focuses more on Asian Culture, then don’t forget to check out this cultural exploration, which is home to art exhibitions, dance, theater, film, and even sake tastings.
5) Luxury Shopping – The iconic flagship Bloomingdales, located on 59th street is legendary not only for is apparel, makeup, and accessories, but its famous Magnolia Bakery, a staple of New York sweets. While on the list, we can’t forget about Saks Fifth Ave, also carrying luxury apparel, shoes, and home goods.
6) Check out the Local Bookstore – For our bibliophiles, you can’t forget Argosy Book Store, a historical six-story bookstore founded in 1925.
7) Wine and Dine – Both Mr. Chow and Smith and Wollensky’s have been staples of the Sutton Place Culinary world since the 1970’s.
8) Sutton East Tennis Club – If your family prefers to hit the courts, this tennis club is a sporty sanctuary in the heart of New York City. During the US Open, you can even find some of the greats practicing their craft.
9) Explore the Beauty of New York’s Religious Landmarks- No matter where you come from, it’s difficult to denounce the beauty that is in this decorate neo-gothic Catholic cathedral of St. Patrick’s Cathedral or to dismiss the 1870 Moorish Revival Style of Central Synagogue. They are truly preserved Landmarks of New York City.
10) Tour the United Nations- While not technically in New York City, this international territory is the organization seeking to maintain peace and cooperation among our fellow nations. Sign up for a guided tour to visit the newly renovated General Assembly Hall, the Security Council Chamber, and The Trusteeship Council Chamber. Tours are even offered in six different languages, so it truly is an experience for any family, no matter where you hail from.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Midtown Manhattan LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!