Retiring and relaxing in your own Lenox Hill or Yorkville home is a luxury for elders. However, aging at home does come with some challenges. Activities of daily living that were once done with ease may now be a struggle. Private home care means that you are welcoming a stranger into your home to care for yourself or a family member. With LifeWorx, a licensed 5-star rated home care agency, you can be sure that the caregiver invited in your home will be kind, fully-vetted, and a skilled professional. We have high standards that must be met to work with our discerning clients.
The first step when considering help at home is finding a licensed agency that can provide certified home health aides and companions. Our client managers will guide you through the process and keep it simple, straightforward, and all while making sure everyone involved has peace of mind.
Life changes for us all as we age, and help with our activities of daily living is often needed. For those who want private home care for an elderly parent, spouse, or family member, LifeWorx can fulfill that need.
About 20% of Upper East Side residents are 65 or older.LEARN MORE
We are located right in the heart of the UES with many clients all around us - see the reviews!LEARN MORE
Call us or walk in to find the perfect private-duty caregiver for your loved ones.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Located in the area between New York Presbyterian Hospital, Gracie Square Hospital, and Lenox Hill Hospital, our Upper East Side flagship office keeps your family members connected to the best local elder care.
The Upper East Side of Manhattan, a quaint area around Central Park, Lenox Hill and Park Avenue, is the heart and soul of landmark-zoned New York City. Thanks to its new and rising luxury apartments and old charming townhouses, families are able to plant roots on its tree-lined streets. The neighborhood also boasts many wonderful destinations, such as Central Park, World-Class Museums, that caregivers can explore with their clients. About 20% of UES residents are 65 years or older, and each of them has a unique life story. Many are retired private practice doctors, former CEOs and even entrepreneurs. Yet no matter how active a life a senior may have led, there often comes a time when he or she requires a helping hand. When an elderly loved one needs companion care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our philosophy is that beauty can be revealed when an old soul is nurtured and rejuvenated. We apply it not only to our clients, but this locale, having spent six months meticulously restoring this 110-year-old building’s original details. We make sure that in providing long-term care, we go beyond mere safety, making sure your loved ones enjoy good food, opportunities to socialize, and cultural experiences whenever possible.
Manhattan is famed for its hustle and bustle. In no place is it more obvious than the Upper East Side. A certain energy suffuse everything here, from the inexpensive corner delis to its world-renowned restaurants, from the luxury retail of Madison Avenue to Central Park. LifeWorx set up shop in the midst of it all, right on the street level of Lexington Avenue. With open doors, we offer free consultations with client care coordinators and registered nurses to provide you with the right private-duty care. We believe that in-depth, in-person communication allows us to best serve our community.
1) Check out the parks – Central Park is home to a zoo, a reservoir, multiple lakes, entertainment venues, an ice-skating venue, and charming historical landmarks that surprise you at every turn. While Central Park is vast, the equally Carl Schulz Park, and equally beautiful park faces the Hudson river, providing views of Roosevelt Island and Hell Gate.
2) Visit the Frick The Upper East Side is home to some of the most well-known museums in the world. Among them is Henry Clay Frick’s former home, a mansion featuring art from Renoir, Gainsborough, Rembrandt, Titian, El Greco, Mane, and Vermeer.
3) Explore the Metropolitan Museum of Art – The largest art museum in The United States, the MET home to African, Asian, Oceanian, Byzantine, and Islamic Art in the form of musical instruments, costumes, weaponry, and more. It is unheard of to tour to The Met once, and not willfully want to return.
4) Make time for the Guggenheim – This impressive museum, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright is the home of world-renowned Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and Early Modern/Contemporary Art.
5) Dive into New York history at the Museum of The City of New York – Founded by Henry Collins Brown, this museum celebrates the city’s past and present while offering a glimpse of its possible future. A little less expansive than its rival museums, it’s a perfect place to spend and afternoon with a loved one.
6) The Neue Galerie – Focused on German and Austrian pre-war, this Expressionist museum is an easy way to enrich any part of your day.
7) Grapple with history – Look for remnants of The Gilded Age all the way from Bergdorf Goodman’s previous home to The Vanderbilt’s former home to the Conservatory Gardens and its stunning entrance.
8) Dine in some of New York’s most notable and historic restaurants – From Michelin Starred restaurants like the iconic Daniel to the relaxed eateries of JG Melon or Pastrami Queen, the Upper East Side offers a diverse and flourishing dining scene.
9) Tour Gracie Mansion – Once the site of the Museum of The City of New York, this stunning historical home now houses each Mayor of New York during his or her term.
10) Shop on Madison Ave and Stroll around Bloomingdale’s –. Hop on over to Lexington to explore this famed fashion destination.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Upper East Side LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!