When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
With a population of 28,000, about 16% of Upper East Side residents are 65 years or older.LEARN MORE
In many cases, our clients request private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Each year, the Upper East Side in Manhattan, New York City draws millions of visitors to its cultural institutions, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art. About 20% of Upper East Side residents are 65 or older. When a loved one needs elder care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our philosophy is that beauty can be revealed when an old soul is nurtured and rejuvenated, and we apply it not only to our clients, but also our flagship locale, having spent six months meticulously restoring this 110-year-old building’s original details.
1) Check out the Parks – Central Park is home to a Zoo, a Resovoir, multiple lakes, entertainment venues, an ice skating venue, and charms of history that surprise you with each turn. While Central Park is vast, Carl Schulz Park, and equally beautiful park faces the river, showing views of Roosevelt Island and Hell Gate.
2) Visit the Frick The Upper East Side is home to some of the most well-known museums in the world. Once Henry Clay Frick’s home, this mansion features art from Renoir, Gainsborough, Rembrandt, Titian, El Greco, Mane, and 3 Vermeers.
3) Explore The Metropolitan Museum of Art – The largest art museum in The United States, the museum is home to African, Asian, Oceanian, Byzantine, and Islamic Art in the forms of musical instruments, costumes, weaponry, and other cultural represetnations found throughout each era. It is unheard of to take one trip to The Met, and not willfully want to go back for more. To have such a treasure in your neighborhood should be valued and sought after for your loved ones, and those who care for them.
4) Make Time for The Guggenheim – This impressive museum, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright is the home of your world-renowned Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and Early Modern/Contemporary Art.
5) Dive into New York history with The Museum of The City of New York – Founded by Henry Collins Brown, this museum inspires city preservation for all New Yorkers. A little less expansive than its rival museums, this museum can be a nice afternoon for your loved one to tackle.
6) The Neue Galerie – Focused on German and Austrian pre-war, this expressionist museum is an easy, enriching tackle to any part of your day.
7) Grapple with History – Look for remnants of the Guilded Age all the way from Bergdorf Goodman’s previous home to The Vanderbilts to The Conservatory Gardens and its stunning entrance.
8) Dine in some of New York’s most notable and historic Restaurants – From Michelin Star Restaurants like the famous icon Daniel to its many iconic Sushi restaurants like Sushi Gari to it’s more relaxed feels of JG Melon or Pastrami Queen, The Upper East Side flourishes in iconic dining of all scales of ambiance.
9) Tour Gracie Mansion – Once home to The Museum of The City of New York, this stunning historical home is now the home of each Mayor of New York during his or her term.
10) Shop on Madison Ave and Stroll int Bloomingdales – Every brand of fashion is steps away on this stroll down this iconic avenue. Hop on over to Lexington to explore the iconic flagship of fashion.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Upper East Side, NY LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!