When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think a move is hard for most families, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. Relaxed and reassured, they can enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules without guilt or hesitation, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, you’re likely wondering how you’ll find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts take care of all the meticulous paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the caregiver. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the elder care service, let us know within 48 hours. We will either issue you a full refund or correct the situation to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled Long Term Care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Midtown Manhattan is home to some of New York City’s most iconic attractions, including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Broadway and Times Square. About 13% of Midtown residents are 65 and older. If you recently visited your elderly loved one and found him or her in need of a shower or shave, it may be time to consider a home health aide (HHA). We’re here to help!
Like our three other New York offices, our Midtown location has a License from The Department of Health, enabling us easily assist with your loved one’s healthcare needs. With over 50 Home Health Aides on our registry, and more being added daily, we are able to conduct a thorough search to find your family the right fit and provide you with peace of mind. Each Home Health Aide provides references from past employers, and then undergoes through a rigorous background check, interview, and scoring process long before setting foot in your home. Through these screening methods, we are providing the best of care.
1) Stroll in Sutton Place Park – With its winding paths alongside New York’s Hudson River, and multiple benches from which to take in the views. This promenade is a must-visit.
2) Take a look at the Roosevelt Island Tramway – While visiting your loved one, don’t forget to check out the Roosevelt Island Tramway, the most unique and scenic way to travel between New York City’s Upper East Side and Roosevelt Island.
3) Tour the MoMa – It truly does not get any more iconic than the Museum of Modern Art. With works by Van Gogh, Rothko, Warhol, and other luminaries, it offers plenty for you and your loved ones to explore and enjoy.
4) Visit the Japan Society – If you’re fascinated by Asian Culture, check out this non-profit organization. Its headquarters is home to art and dance exhibitions, theater and film presentations, and even sake tastings.
5) Enjoy some luxury shopping – The flagship Bloomingdale’s, located on 59th Street, is legendary not only for its apparel, makeup, and accessories, but for its famous Magnolia Bakery, a staple of New York sweets. Also drop by Saks Fifth Ave to peruse its alluring selection of luxury apparel, shoes, and home goods.
6) Check out the local bookstore – Founded in 1925, the six-story Argosy Book Store is a bibliophile’s dream come true.
7) Wine and dine – Both the upscales Chinese Restaurant Mr. Chow and the famed Smith and Wollensky Steakhouse have been staples of the Sutton Place culinary scene since the 1970’s.
8) Go to court at Sutton East Tennis Club – This tennis hub is a sporty sanctuary in the heart of New York City. During the US Open, you can even find some of the greats here, practicing their craft.
9) Explore the beauty of New York’s religious landmarks – No matter what your religious faith may be, it’s easy to appreciate the neo-gothic beauty of St. Patrick’s Cathedral as well as Moorish Revival style of Central Synagogue, built in 1870-1872. Both are beautifully preserved New York City landmarks.
10) Explore the United Nations – While not technically in New York City, this international territory houses the U.N, an organization seeking to maintain peace and cooperation among nations. Sign up for a guided tour, offered in six languages, to visit the newly renovated General Assembly Hall, the Security Council Chamber, and The Trusteeship Council Chamber.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Midtown Manhattan LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!