When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think a move is hard for most families, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. With LifeWorx elder care, they can relax and enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules with peace of mind, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, you’re likely wondering how you’ll find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three (3) in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. We can proudly say that in our 15 years of service, we have never had a client report neglect, abuse or theft by one of our care professionals. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts take care of all the meticulous paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the caregiver. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the elder care service, let us know within 48 hours. We will either refund you or correct the services to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
It’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. This way, the care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the caregivers and can provide the most fitting caregiver for you. All our offices work together as one team.
Between New York Presbyterian Hospital, Gracie Square Hospital, and Lenox Hill Hospital, and some of the best doctors in the country at your fingertips and in our network, our Upper East Side office location is perfect in keeping your family members connected to the best elder care, all within an upscale neighborhood. Conveniently located near Central Park and some of New York’s best museums, our caregivers have some of the best locations in New York City to keep your family members active and social.
The Upper East Side of Manhattan, a quaint area around Central Park, Lenox Hill and Park Avenue is the heart and soul of landmark-zoned New York City. With new and rising luxury apartments and old charming townhouses, families are able to plant roots on the tree-lined streets. About 20% of UES residents are 65 years or older, and each of them has a unique life story. Many are retired private practice doctors, former CEOs and even entrepreneurs. When an elderly loved one needs companion care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our philosophy is that beauty can be revealed when an old soul is nurtured and rejuvenated. We apply it not only to our clients, but also to our flagship locale, having spent six months meticulously restoring this 110-year-old building’s original details. We make sure that in providing long-term care, we go beyond mere safety and care and also incorporate culinary, social and cultural aspects to bring families joy.
Manhattan is full of hustle and bustle. In no place is it more obvious than in the variety of the Upper East Side. This extends from the inexpensive corner deli to world-renowned restaurants, from the luxury retail of Madison Avenue to free access to Central Park. LifeWorx set up shop in the midst of it all, right on the street level of Lexington Avenue. With open doors, we offer free consultations with client care coordinators and registered nurses to provide you with the right private-duty care. We believe that in-depth, in-person communication allows us to best serve our community.
Each year, the Upper East Side in Manhattan, New York City draws millions of visitors to its cultural institutions, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art. About 20% of Upper East Side residents are 65 or older. When a loved one needs elder care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our philosophy is that beauty can be revealed when an old soul is nurtured and rejuvenated, and we apply it not only to our clients, but also our flagship locale, having spent six months meticulously restoring this 110-year-old building’s original details.
1) Check out the Parks – Central Park is home to a Zoo, a Resovoir, multiple lakes, entertainment venues, an ice skating venue, and charms of history that surprise you with each turn. While Central Park is vast, Carl Schulz Park, and equally beautiful park faces the river, showing views of Roosevelt Island and Hell Gate.
2) Visit the Frick The Upper East Side is home to some of the most well-known museums in the world. Once Henry Clay Frick’s home, this mansion features art from Renoir, Gainsborough, Rembrandt, Titian, El Greco, Mane, and 3 Vermeers.
3) Explore The Metropolitan Museum of Art – The largest art museum in The United States, the museum is home to African, Asian, Oceanian, Byzantine, and Islamic Art in the forms of musical instruments, costumes, weaponry, and other cultural represetnations found throughout each era. It is unheard of to take one trip to The Met, and not willfully want to go back for more. To have such a treasure in your neighborhood should be valued and sought after for your loved ones, and those who care for them.
4) Make Time for The Guggenheim – This impressive museum, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright is the home of your world-renowned Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and Early Modern/Contemporary Art.
5) Dive into New York history with The Museum of The City of New York – Founded by Henry Collins Brown, this museum inspires city preservation for all New Yorkers. A little less expansive than its rival museums, this museum can be a nice afternoon for your loved one to tackle.
6) The Neue Galerie – Focused on German and Austrian pre-war, this expressionist museum is an easy, enriching tackle to any part of your day.
7) Grapple with History- Look for remnants of the Guilded Age all the way from Bergdorf Goodman’s previous home to The Vanderbilts to The Conservatory Gardens and its stunning entrance.
8) Dine in some of New York’s most notable and historic Restaurants – From Michelin Star Restaurants like the famous icon Daniel to its many iconic Sushi restaurants like Sushi Gari to it’s more relaxed feels of JG Melon or Pastrami Queen, The Upper East Side flourishes in iconic dining of all scales of ambiance.
9) Tour Gracie Mansion – Once home to The Museum of The City of New York, this stunning historical home is now the home of each Mayor of New York during his or her term.
10) Shop on Madison Ave and Stroll int Bloomingdales – Every brand of fashion is steps away on this stroll down this iconic avenue. Hop on over to Lexington to explore the iconic flagship of fashion.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Upper East Side, NY LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!