Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the most touchy subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, his or her self-esteem rises. She’s more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well being.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled Home Health Aides providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Serving all of Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, our Chappaqua office has become a hub of finding talent in Home Health Aides. Those that have shown a valid certification are also put on our registry with The Department of Health, so we are able to effectively serve your loved ones after gaining more of an understanding of the Activities of Daily Living. Each Home Health Aide is screened thoroughly, required to have a clean background and driving record in addition to a thorough interview process identifying our Expert’s (as we call them) experience, preferences, and flexibility to ensure not only a seamless, trusted match, but a long-lasting relationship
1) Stroll the many paths – Here in Westchester, there is no shortage of parks and scenery. From Peekskill’s Blue Mountain Reservation, all the way down the Bronx River Parkway trail to Yonkers’ Lenoir Preserve, this county is lined with picturesque paths.
2) Take in the History – From the Kykuit, Rockefeller Estate in Sleepy Hollow to The Horace Greeley House in Chappaqua to the Lyndhurst Castle in Tarrytown, there is certainly no shortage of Historical finds for all ages.
3) Enjoy Playland Park and neighboring Amusement Parks – This timeless amusement park has been a Westchester County icon since 1928. While the rides will have the little ones set for a fun day, there is no shortage of activity here with a beach, pool, neighboring park, and boardwalk all within the vicinity. If it’s rainy day, be sure to check out The Grand Prix New York Racing, a fun-filled arcade and Go Kart Center with a bowling center. The Legoland Discovery Center is also a great place to take the little ones. Be sure to check out the Lego New York Skyline.
4) Catch a game or event at The Westchester County Center – This metropolis is the main stage for The Westchester Knicks and the newest franchise, The New York Streets.
5) Dine with World-Renowned Chefs – From Jean Georges’ Inn at Pound Ridge to Celebrity Chef Dale Talde’s Goosfeather, located in The Tarrytown House, there is no shortage of top-notch dining here in Westchester.
6) Walk the Shops – You don’t have to go to Madison Ave to enjoy premium shopping. The Westchester provides a world-class setting for brands like Gucci, Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, and Brooks Brothers. With services such as valet shopping, you will be sure to be treated like royalty while you parous. If in Southern Westchester, be sure to check out The Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers. With 1.3 million square feet of retail space, bigger really is better.
7) Play a round of golf – With your choosing of both public and private golf courses throughout all of Westchester, this county is truly a mecca for the game.
8) Check out The Westchester Farm Trail – The Westchester Farm Trail connect 13 farms and orchards from Sleepy Hollow to North Salem. You will do anything from make your own maple syrup to actual farm chores to hay rides to apple picking. The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is an 80-acre former Rockefeller estate, touring fields, greenhouses and pastures to help promote sustainable agriculture.
9) Enjoy some neighborhood tunes – With many of the creatives of New York City residing in our Westchester suburb, it’s no secret that some of the best music can be heard at places like The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester or The Paramount Hudson Valley Theater in Peekskill, or even The Chappaqua Performing Arts Center, a neighbor to our flagship office. Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead called the Capitol a “pretty groovy” place to play, and we agree.
10) Check out the local Art Scene – With museums spread across the county, such as The Neuberger Museum of Art in Purchase, The Hudson Valley Moca in Peekskill, The Katonah Museum of Art, and ArtsWestchester, it’s no secret that Westchester’s creative community will stimulate you and your loved ones, no matter what your artistic preference presents.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!