When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think a move is hard for most families, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. With LifeWorx elder care, they can relax and enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules with peace of mind, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, you’re likely wondering how you’ll find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three (3) in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. We can proudly say that in our 15 years of service, we have never had a client report neglect, abuse or theft by one of our care professionals. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts take care of all the meticulous paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the caregiver. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the elder care service, let us know within 48 hours. We will either refund you or correct the services to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
It’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. This way, the care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the caregivers and can provide the most fitting caregiver for you. All our offices work together as one team.
Just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, Great Neck’s quaint and upscale village sits home to Long Island’s flaship office. The location is considered one of the most affluent towns in the country. Within a 20 minute radius of our newest location, sits three reputable luxury upscale facilites. The population is curated for the needs of the office with 17.5% of the population aged 65 years or older. Of this population 12.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. Our clients love the area due to the pristine golf courses and proximity to The Long Island Sound, making the serene location the inspiration for F. Scott Fitgzerald’s “The Great Gatsby”.
Long Island, NY is home to several wineries and vineyards, white sand beaches, historic restaurants, and of course, The Hamptons. About 8% of Long Island residents are 65 years or older. When an elderly loved one needs elder care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. We’re here to help!
1) Check out Museum Row – Located in Garden City, this education metroplex is a destination for The Long Island Children’s Museum, The Nassau Firefighter’s museum, The Cradle of Aviation Museum, and The Nassau County Veterans Museum. You could easily fill a few days learning about everything from earth and science to F-14 planes.
2) Step Back in Time – The Old Bethpage Village Restoration includes 51 historic buildings such as an inn, a store, and a church in order to give an accurate depiction of pre Civil War life. Actors will even come to dress in costumes to recreate this custom colonial life.
3) Stroll through Americana – Once called The Rodeo Drive of the East Coast, with over 60 international boutique in location, Americana in Manhasset is home brand names like Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karen, Gucci, and Fendi
4) Explore the outdoors with The Sands Point Park and Preserve – Featuring hiking grounds and trails that lead to the Long Island Sound, this spot is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a cross-country skiing excursion on a winter day. Don’t forget to check out the castle-like mansions; Hempstead House, Castle Gould, and Falaise. Falaise, built by Harry S. Guggenheim houses antiques dated back to the 16th century with renowned pieces of Renaissance art.
5) Play with the Pros – Bethpage Black course, home of the U.S Open in 2002 and 2009 is the only public Golf Course on The PGA Tour. Its difficulty level brings some of the sport’s top players. If you’re not in the mood for the links, you can also picnic, hike, play tennis, or horseback ride in the surrounding state park.
6) Take in the Triple Crown – Belmont Park is one of the oldest tracks in the nation for the sport of thoroughbred racing. Even if there is a day without a race, you can enjoy the fine dining, picnic facilities, and petting zoo the park has to offer.
7) Visit the Presidential Summer Home – Theodore Roosevelt, our 26th President of The United Stated referred to Sagamore Hill as his “Summer White House”. He resided here until his death in 1919. Managed by the National Parks Service, the park also features an Audubon Center and Songbird Sanctuary.
8) Head to the Beach – Jones Beach State Park is the largest public beach in the world with 6.5 miles of uninterrupted beach front. The boardwalk itself spans two miles. As you stroll the boardwalk, make sure to look out for local basketball games, deck games, a miniature golf course, and free concerts. You can also fish from the piers or go bird watching at the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Center. While heading towards the ocean, make sure to check out the equally as impressive Long Beach, a quintessential surf town with laid back vibes.
9) Graze through the Gardens – Long Island is home to some beautiful pastures. The Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay allows you and your family to wander the grounds of the Gold Coast and its formal gardens and greenhouses. Old Westbury Gardens also opens up for mansion and garden tours.
10) Hike “Merrick Mountain”– Once a landfill, this landmark represents the commitment to environmental preservation in Long Island, saving the taxpayers more than $42 million. This 52-acre facility is perfect for picnicking, fishing, and wildlife. Take a tour by foot or rent a kayak. You may even see a Nigerian dwarf goat, maintaining the weed overgrowth.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!