When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think a move is hard for most families, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. Relaxed and reassured, they can enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules without guilt or hesitation, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, you’re likely wondering how you’ll find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. We can proudly say that in our 15 years of service, we have never had a client report neglect, abuse, or theft by one of our care professionals. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts take care of all the meticulous paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the caregiver. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the elder care service, let us know within 48 hours. We will either issue you a full refund or correct the situation to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled Long Term Care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to call the location closest to where care is needed. It is the care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, Great Neck’s is home to Long Island’s office. This quaint, upscale town is considered one of the most affluent in the country. Three reputable luxury upscale offices. There is a high demand for Lifeworx’s services here, since 17.5% of the population is aged 65 years or older. Of this population, 12.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. Our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to The Long Island Sound, making the serene location the inspiration for F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
1) Check out Museum Row – Located in Garden City, this education metroplex is home to the Long Island Children’s Museum, the Nassau County Firefighters Museum, the Cradle of Aviation Museum, and the Nassau County Veterans Museum. You could easily fill a few days learning about everything from the Earth and science to F-14 fighter aircraft.
2) Step back in time – The Old Bethpage Village Restoration includes 51 historic buildings such as an inn, a store, and a church, giving visitors a taste of Civil War life. Costumed interpreters add to the ambience, sharing stories about the houses and their former occupants.
3) Stroll through Americana – Once called The Rodeo Drive of the East Coast, with over 60 international boutiques, the Americana open-air shopping complex in Manhasset is home brand names like Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karen, Gucci, and Fendi.
4) Explore the outdoors at the Sands Point Park and Preserve – Featuring hiking grounds and trails that lead to the Long Island Sound, this spot is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a cross-country skiing excursion on a winter day. Do not forget to check out the castle-like mansions: Hempstead House, Castle Gould, and Falaise. The last, built by Harry S. Guggenheim, houses antiques dating back to the 16th century, along with renowned pieces of Renaissance art.
5) Play with the pros – Bethpage Black course, home of the U.S Open in 2002 and 2009, is the only public golf course on The PGA Tour. Its difficulty level draws some of the sport’s top players. If you are not in the mood for the links, you can also picnic, hike, play tennis, or horseback ride in the surrounding state park.
6) Take in the Triple Crown – Belmont Park is one of the oldest tracks in the nation for the sport of thoroughbred racing. Even if there is no race on the day you visit, you can enjoy the fine dining, picnic facilities, and a petting zoo.
7) Visit a presidential summer home – Theodore Roosevelt, our 26th president of the United States referred to Sagamore Hill as his “Summer White House.” He resided here until his death in 1919. Managed by the National Parks Service, the park also features an Audubon Center and songbird sanctuary.
8)Head to the beach – Jones Beach State Park is the largest public beach in the world, with 6.5 miles of uninterrupted beachfront. Its boardwalk alone spans two miles; as you stroll along it, make sure to look out for local basketball games, deck games, a miniature golf course, and free concerts. You can also fish from the piers or go birdwatching at the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Center. While heading towards the ocean, check out the equally impressive Long Beach, a quintessential surf town with laid-back vibes.
9) Graze through the gardens – Long Island is home to some beautiful green spaces. The Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay allows you and your family to wander the grounds of the Gold Coast and its formal gardens and greenhouses. Old Westbury Gardens offers mansion and garden tours are in season.
10) Hike “Merrick Mountain” – Once a landfill, this landmark represents Long Island’s commitment to environmental preservation, saving taxpayers more than $42 million. The 52-acre facility is perfect for picnicking, fishing, and wildlife. Take a tour by foot or rent a kayak; you may even see a Nigerian dwarf goat, maintaining the weed overgrowth.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!