A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care options provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed from him, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months.
He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier. Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in senior long-term care coverage. Whether it was because their employer offered it or they decided to plan for their future on their own, the sooner someone begins to explore long-term care options, the better for them and their family.
Long-term care for the elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
We believe that a full understanding of the long-term care options available is essential to family members. Download our white paper to learn more about the type of coverage, and how to get the most out of a long-term care policy.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
It’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. This way, the care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the caregivers and can provide the most fitting caregiver for you. All our offices work together as one team.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. This town is home to LifeWorx’s flagship office. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents—including a U.S. president—in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly-seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Our presence in the area is well-known, and most new clients come through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for the recommendations and reviews. When you contact us for private-duty home care, we provide you with a free consultation and a high-quality caregiver that is a perfect match.
1) Stroll the many paths – Here in Westchester, there is no shortage of parks and scenery. From Peekskill’s Blue Mountain Reservation, all the way down the Bronx River Parkway trail to Yonkers’ Lenoir Preserve, this county is lined with picturesque paths.
2) Take in the History – From the Kykuit, Rockefeller Estate in Sleepy Hollow to The Horace Greeley House in Chappaqua to the Lyndhurst Castle in Tarrytown, there is certainly no shortage of Historical finds for all ages.
3) Enjoy Playland Park and neighboring Amusement Parks – This timeless amusement park has been a Westchester County icon since 1928. While the rides will have the little ones set for a fun day, there is no shortage of activity here with a beach, pool, neighboring park, and boardwalk all within the vicinity. If it’s rainy day, be sure to check out The Grand Prix New York Racing, a fun-filled arcade and Go Kart Center with a bowling center. The Legoland Discovery Center is also a great place to take the little ones. Be sure to check out the Lego New York Skyline.
4) Catch a game or event at The Westchester County Center – This metropolis is the main stage for The Westchester Knicks and the newest franchise, The New York Streets.
5) Dine with World-Renowned Chefs – From Jean Georges’ Inn at Pound Ridge to Celebrity Chef Dale Talde’s Goosfeather, located in The Tarrytown House, there is no shortage of top-notch dining here in Westchester.
6) Walk the Shops – You don’t have to go to Madison Ave to enjoy premium shopping. The Westchester provides a world-class setting for brands like Gucci, Nieman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, and Brooks Brothers. With services such as valet shopping, you will be sure to be treated like royalty while you parous. If in Southern Westchester, be sure to check out The Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers. With 1.3 million square feet of retail space, bigger really is better.
7) Play a round of golf – With your choosing of both public and private golf courses throughout all of Westchester, this county is truly a mecca for the game. Did you know we even hosted The U.S Open in our famous Winged Foot Course this past year?
8) Check out The Westchester Farm Trail – The Westchester Farm Trail connect 13 farms and orchards from Sleepy Hollow to North Salem. You will do anything from make your own maple syrup to actual farm chores to hay rides to apple picking. The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is an 80-acre former Rockefeller estate, touring fields, greenhouses and pastures to help promote sustainable agriculture.
9) Enjoy some neighborhood tunes – With many of the creatives of New York City residing in our Westchester suburb, it’s no secret that some of the best music can be heard at places like The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester or The Paramount Hudson Valley Theater in Peekskill, or even The Chappagua Performing Arts Center, a neighbor to our flagship office. Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead called the Capitol a “pretty groovy” place to play, and we agree.
10) Check out the local Art Scene – With museums spread across the county, such as The Neuberger Museum of Art in Purchase, The Hudson Valley Moca in Peekskill, The Katonah Museum of Art, and ArtsWestchester, it’s no secret that Westchester’s creative community will stimulate you and your loved ones, no matter what your artistic preference presents.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!