When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family
members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
With a population of 28,000, about 16% of Midtown residents are 65 years or older.LEARN MORE
In many cases, our clients request private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Small but mighty, this Midtown office sits conveniently close to all transport and foot traffic on 56th street and Lexington Ave. Serving many of the upscale assisted living facilities including Brookdale, Maplewood, Kendal, and Atria, the expansive windows of the office allow for transparency and a warm environment for walk-in visits. This office location serves as a hub for Private Home Health Aides or Nurses to serve in these assisted living locations as well as private homes throughout Manhattan.
Sutton Place has been home to New York socialites since the 1920’s. This Midtown neighborhood is not only fashionable, but also functional and safe for our clients. Our office location also sits conveniently close to Presbyterian Hospital, a top-ranked hospital in New York, allowing us to stay in tune with all client needs and appointments.
Long Island, NY is home to several wineries and vineyards, white sand beaches, historic restaurants, and of course, The Hamptons. About 8% of Long Island residents are 65 years or older. When an elderly loved one needs companion care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. We’re here to help!
1) Sutton Place Park – Featuring multiple benches to take in the New York City Riverfront Beauty, this promenade features winding paths aligning New York’s Hudson River.
2) Roosevelt Island Tramway – While visiting your loved one, don’t forget to check out The Roosevelt Island Tramway, the most unique and scenic way to travel in New York City.
3) MoMa – It truly does not get anymore iconic than The Museum of Modern Art. With works by Van Gogh, Rothko, Warhol, and others, you and your loved ones will enjoy exploring all that this institution has to offer, no matter your passion for art.
4) Japan Society – Perhaps your art style focuses more on Asian Culture, then don’t forget to check out this cultural exploration, which is home to art exhibitions, dance, theater, film, and even sake tastings.
5) Luxury Shopping – The iconic flagship Bloomingdales, located on 59th street is legendary not only for is apparel, makeup, and accessories, but its famous Magnolia Bakery, a staple of New York sweets. While on the list, we can’t forget about Saks Fifth Ave, also carrying luxury apparel, shoes, and home goods.
6) Check out the Local Bookstore – For our bibliophiles, you can’t forget Argosy Book Store, a historical six-story bookstore founded in 1925.
7) Wine and Dine – Both Mr. Chow and Smith and Wollensky’s have been staples of the Sutton Place Culinary world since the 1970’s.
8) Sutton East Tennis Club – If your family prefers to hit the courts, this tennis club is a sporty sanctuary in the heart of New York City. During the US Open, you can even find some of the greats practicing their craft.
9) Explore the Beauty of New York’s Religious Landmarks – No matter where you come from, it’s difficult to denounce the beauty that is in this decorate neo-gothic Catholic cathedral of St. Patrick’s Cathedral or to dismiss the 1870 Moorish Revival Style of Central Synagogue. They are truly preserved Landmarks of New York City.
10) Tour the United Nations – While not technically in New York City, this international territory is the organization seeking to maintain peace and cooperation among our fellow nations. Sign up for a guided tour to visit the newly renovated General Assembly Hall, the Security Council Chamber, and The Trusteeship Council Chamber. Tours are even offered in six different languages, so it truly is an experience for any family, no matter where you hail form
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Midtown Manhattan LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!