A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care options provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed from him, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months.
He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier. Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in senior long-term care coverage. Whether it was because their employer offered it or they decided to plan for their future on their own, the sooner someone begins to explore long-term care options, the better for them and their family.
Long-term care for the elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
We believe that a full understanding of the long-term care options available is essential to family members. Download our white paper to learn more about the type of coverage, and how to get the most out of a long-term care policy.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
It’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. This way, the care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the caregivers and can provide the most fitting caregiver for you. All our offices work together as one team.
Small but mighty, this Midtown office sits conveniently close to all transport and foot traffic on 56th street and Lexington Ave. Serving many of the upscale assisted living facilities including Brookdale, Maplewood, Kendal, and Atria, the expansive windows of the office allow for transparency and a warm environment for walk-in visits. This office location serves as a hub for Private Home Health Aides or Nurses to serve in these assisted living locations as well as private homes throughout Manhattan.
Sutton Place has been home to New York socialites since the 1920’s. This Midtown neighborhood is not only fashionable, but also functional and safe for our clients. Our office location also sits conveniently close to Presbyterian Hospital, a top-ranked hospital in New York, allowing us to stay in tune with all client needs and appointments.
Midtown Manhattan in New York City is home to some of the city’s most iconic attractions, including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Broadway and Times Square. About 13% of Midtown residents are 65 and older. When an elderly loved one needs elder care, it’s normal to be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our small office has a big impact in the local community and we’re here to help!
1) Sutton Place Park – Featuring multiple benches to take in the New York City Riverfront Beauty, this promenade features winding paths aligning New York’s Hudson River.
2) Roosevelt Island Tramway – While visiting your loved one, don’t forget to check out The Roosevelt Island Tramway, the most unique and scenic way to travel in New York City.
3) MoMa – It truly does not get anymore iconic than The Museum of Modern Art. With works by Van Gogh, Rothko, Warhol, and others, you and your loved ones will enjoy exploring all that this institution has to offer, no matter your passion for art.
4) Japan Society – Perhaps your art style focuses more on Asian Culture, then don’t forget to check out this cultural exploration, which is home to art exhibitions, dance, theater, film, and even sake tastings.
5) Luxury Shopping – The iconic flagship Bloomingdales, located on 59th street is legendary not only for is apparel, makeup, and accessories, but its famous Magnolia Bakery, a staple of New York sweets. While on the list, we can’t forget about Saks Fifth Ave, also carrying luxury apparel, shoes, and home goods.
6) Check out the Local Bookstore – For our bibliophiles, you can’t forget Argosy Book Store, a historical six-story bookstore founded in 1925.
7) Wine and Dine – Both Mr. Chow and Smith and Wollensky’s have been staples of the Sutton Place Culinary world since the 1970’s.
8) Sutton East Tennis Club – If your family prefers to hit the courts, this tennis club is a sporty sanctuary in the heart of New York City. During the US Open, you can even find some of the greats practicing their craft.
9) Explore the Beauty of New York’s Religious Landmarks – No matter where you come from, it’s difficult to denounce the beauty that is in this decorate neo-gothic Catholic cathedral of St. Patrick’s Cathedral or to dismiss the 1870 Moorish Revival Style of Central Synagogue. They are truly preserved Landmarks of New York City.
10) Tour the United Nations – While not technically in New York City, this international territory is the organization seeking to maintain peace and cooperation among our fellow nations. Sign up for a guided tour to visit the newly renovated General Assembly Hall, the Security Council Chamber, and The Trusteeship Council Chamber. Tours are even offered in six different languages, so it truly is an experience for any family, no matter where you hail form
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Midtown Manhattan LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!