When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think a move is hard for most families, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. Relaxed and reassured, they can enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules without guilt or hesitation, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, you’re likely wondering how you’ll find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts take care of all the meticulous paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the caregiver. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the elder care service, let us know within 48 hours. We will either issue you a full refund or correct the situation to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. It’s care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents—including a U.S. president—in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Our presence in the area is well known, and most new clients come to us through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for these recommendations and reviews. When you contact us for private-duty home care, we provide you with a free consultation and a high-quality caregiver that is a perfect match for your needs.
1) Stroll the many paths – Here in Westchester, there is no shortage of parks and scenery. From Peekskill’s Blue Mountain Reservation, all the way down the Bronx River Parkway trail to Yonkers’ Lenoir Preserve, this county is lined with picturesque paths.
2) Take in the history – From the Kykuit, Rockefeller Estate in Sleepy Hollow to The Horace Greeley House in Chappaqua to the Lyndhurst Castle in Tarrytown, the area abounds with historical finds.
3) Enjoy Playland Park and neighboring amusement parks – Playland has been a Westchester County icon since 1928. While the rides will have the little ones set for a fun day, there are plenty of other things to enjoy here, including a beach, pool, neighboring park, and boardwalk. If it’s rainy day, be sure to check out The Grand Prix New York Racing, a fun-filled arcade and Go Kart Center with a bowling alley. The Legoland Discovery Center is also a great place to take kids. Be sure to check out the Lego New York Skyline.
4) Catch a game or event at the Westchester County Center – This mecca is the main stage for the Westchester Knicks and the newest basketball franchise, The New York Streets.
5) Dine with world-renowned chefs – From Jean Georges’ Inn at Pound Ridge to celebrity chef Dale Talde’s Goosfeather, located in Tarrytown House, there is an abundance of top-notch dining here in Westchester.
6) Browse the shops – You don’t have to go to Madison Ave to enjoy premium shopping. The Westchester mall provides a world-class setting for brands like Gucci, Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, and Brooks Brothers. With services such as valet parking, you will be treated like royalty while you peruse. If you find yourself in Southern Westchester, be sure to check out the Cross County Center in Yonkers. With 1.3 million square feet of retail space, bigger really is better.
7) Play a round of golf – With both public and private golf courses situated throughout all of Westchester, the county is truly a mecca for the game. In 2020, the Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck hosted the U.S Open.
8) Check out the Westchester Farm Trail – The trail connects 13 farms and orchards from Sleepy Hollow to North Salem. At these bucolic stops, you can make your own maple syrup, do actual farm chores to take hay rides and pick apples. The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, in Pocantico Hills, is an 80-acre former Rockefeller estate, with fields, greenhouses and pastures designed to help promote sustainable agriculture.
9) Enjoy some neighborhood tunes – With many of the creatives of New York City residing in our Westchester suburb, it’s no secret that some of the best music can be heard at places like The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester (which Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead called a “pretty groovy” place to play)or The Paramount Hudson Valley Theater in Peekskill, or even The Chappaqua Performing Arts Center, a neighbor to our office.
10) Check out the local art scene – There are wonderful museums across the county, such as the Neuberger Museum of Art in Purchase, the Hudson Valley Moca in Peekskill, the Katonah Museum of Art, and Arts Westchester, with so many to chose among, you’re bound to find an institution that’s in line with your artistic preferences.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!