When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think moving to a new home is difficult, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. With LifeWorx elder care, they can relax and enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules with peace of mind, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, it’s imperative to find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three (3) in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts handle all the paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we will provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, you and the caregiver of your choice can work out a mutually agreeable schedule. He or she can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the caregiver’s performance, let us know within 48 hours. We will either give you a full refund or correct the services to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all of our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers, and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Englewood, NJ is a charming, inclusive town just 10 miles from Times Square, and its residents enjoy a vast array of entertainment, shopping, and housing options. We chose Englewood to better serve all of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, and Passaic counties in the New Jersey region. Our ground-floor office makes it easy for our clients to walk in and meet with us to discuss their needs privately and in person.
About 10% of Englewood households have someone living alone who is 65 years or older. Is your loved on among them? If he or she needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
1) Get Some Fresh Air– The 150-acre Flat Rock Brook Nature Center is a treasured local resource. With 3.6 miles of self-guided trails along streams and meadows, it’s oasis of New Jersey is a perfect place to go for a stroll with your loved ones, caregivers, or clients. Love the Flat Rock Brook Nature Center? Make sure to check out James A. McFaul Environmental Center or The Teaneck Creek Conservancy Nature Park, a smaller complex, but beautiful complex.
2) Visit the theater – Serving all of Northern New Jersey, The Bergen Performing Arts Center allows visitors to dive into art education and the performing arts. The center offers dance, voice, and music classes for all ages. The Ana Maria Ciccone Theatre, located on the campus of Bergen Community College, offers concerts and theatre productions featuring world-class performing artists. And you can’t mention theatres in New Jersey without mentioning the Little Firehouse Theatre, a small community playhouse with a big reputation for musicals, comedies, drama, and suspense. If you enjoy al fresco entertainment, take in an outdoor show at the Hackensack Meridian Health Center, Atlantic Street Park.
3) Explore the zoo – No need to go to the Bronx or Brooklyn when there’s a great zoo is in your back yard. The Bergen County Zoo is considered a “New World” zoo, exhibiting wildlife from North and South America. You can view animals such as Baird’s Tapirs, Andean Condors, American Alligators, Golden Lion Tamarins, and many others!
4) Check out the museums – The Aviation Hall of Fame & Museum of New Jersey offers visitors of all ages a chance to view historic aircraft, air and space artifacts. The Mahwah Museum preserves the history of Mahwah and its connection to the region, featuring the Les Paul exhibit and The Donald Copper Model Railroad. The World of Wings is also a lovely children’s museum and family fun center in Teaneck, NJ.
5) Play a round of golf – Bergen County and its surrounding areas are home to six public golf courses. The county also hosts multiple golf tournaments from June-October. If it’s a rainy day, be sure to visit the Bogota Golf and Sport Center, a three-level golf driving range featuring batting cages, basketball and bank shot basketball, as well as virtual mini golf. It even has a PGA simulator that replicates three world-famous courses: Pebble Beach, Augusta National, and The Doral Blue Monster.
6) Stroll the parks – Parks such as Great Oak Park, Saddle River County Park, Overpeck County Park, Losen Slote Creek Park, and Mckay Park are great areas to partake in everything from skateboarding to ice skating with the little ones, or simply amble along their walking trail. Into a little more of a challenge? Ramapo Valley Reservation is a popular destination for hiking.
7) Stop at the historic sites – History Buffs will appreciate Fort Lee, located on the cliff-top bluff where Washington’s Continental Army positioned its batteries over the Hudson in 1776. Be sure to also check out historic New Bridge Landing in River Edge, NJ. This American Revolutionary War landmark served as a battleground military headquarter in The American Revolution…and yes, George Washington actually slept in one of the three sandstone homes preserved on the grounds.
8) Check out the view – Palisades Interstate Park is one of the most picturesque spots in New Jersey. Featuring a scenic riverside drive, a cliff-top parkway, and several overlooks with picnic areas, this is truly a must-see for people of all ages.
9) Get fresh at the Farm – Abama’s Farm in Wyckoff, NJ features fresh produce, poultry, eggs, and baked goods made right in their own kitchen. When you’re there with the little ones, be sure to check out the barnyard petting zoo.
10) Channel your inner artist – Just minutes away in Morris County, The Morris County School of Glass gives locals the chance to try their hand at glass blowing.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Englewood Elder Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!