When a loved one needs care, it can be such a difficult decision as to what to do. Many families all over Westchester county from Bronxville to Bedford are having the debate whether to move mom to an Assisted Living Facility or keep mom at home. Well, many believe home is where the heart is. When one opts for Private Home Care it allows them to keep what is familiar in their loved one’s lives. Assisted living facilities can be wonderful when you find the right one, but many people feel it is the continuum of familiarity that will keep our loved ones happy. A sudden change or an abrupt disruption to our loved ones’ daily lives can be a devastating event.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and their relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communication skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
As a NY State licensed agency, we are a one-stop shop for all your home care needs.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx is among the 5-7% of agencies that is CHAP-accredited, and our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.LEARN MORE
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.Watch now
We also handle all long-term care insurance paperwork with your insurance company.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, contacting the location closest to where care is needed is best. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Our presence in the area is well known, and most new clients come to us through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for these recommendations and reviews.
Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Scarsdale is a town and village in Westchester, NY, and is a tranquil escape just 20 miles from New York City and often referred to as New York’s answer to Greenwich, Connecticut. Scarsdale is a quick commute to Midtown Manhattan; less than an hour’s drive and 30 minutes by Metro-North Railroad into Grand Central Station. Scarsdale is home to many high-end boutiques and shops and offers some of the best fine dining in Westchester.
1) Visit the Greenburgh Nature Center – The 33-acre nature center includes a woodland preserve, hiking trails, a pond, and an organic garden. The Greenburgh Nature Center is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to preserving wildlife and teaching the community to respect and appreciate everything it has to offer.
2) Play golf at The Quaker Ridge Golf Club – The Quaker Ridge Golf Club was placed 42nd on Golf Magazine’s list of cup tournaments in 1997. This is more than just a facility for playing golf but has tennis courts, a pool, and a clubhouse, members at this club will feel pampered at this 18-hole course. Quaker Ridge Golf Club is also known for hosting a few tournaments, including the Walker Cup, the Metropolitan PGA Championships, and the Metropolitan Open.
3) Explore the Weinberg Nature Center – This center aims to promote the appreciation and study of conservation and the natural sciences. This is done through various school programs, summer camps, and animal rehabilitation programs. The WNC Trailside Museum sits among 10 acres of the protected wildlife sanctuary.
4) Enjoy the history of the Cudner-Hyatt House – Enjoy the history of one of Scarsdale’s earliest pre-Revolutionary farmhouses. The Cudner-Hyatt House became a 19th-century museum. You can visit the museum and explore its rich history.
5) Indulge in desserts at Galloway’s Bakery – This family-owned bakery is the place to be! It is the place to buy everything for your sweet tooth cravings. Given the title of “Best Food and Drink in Westchester”, by Westchester Magazine.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!