Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the most touchy subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, his or her self-esteem rises. She’s more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well being.
Our Long Island office has become a hub for finding talent in Home Health Aides. Those that have shown a valid certification are also put on our registry with The Department of Health, so we can effectively serve your loved ones after gaining more of an understanding of the Activities of Daily Living. Each Home Health Aide is screened thoroughly, required to have a clean background, and driving record in addition to a thorough interview process identifying our Expert (as we call them) experience, preferences, and flexibility to ensure not only a seamless, trusted match, but a long-lasting relationship.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Located just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, our office in Great Neck is right at home in this quaint, upscale town. Servicing all of Nassau and Suffolk counties, our team here is well-equipped to meet the high standards of one of the country’s most affluent areas. There is a high demand for our in-home care services here and our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to the Long Island Sound, perhaps best known as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s inspiration for “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region and proudly serving both Nassau and Suffolk counties with professional elder in-home care. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
Sayville is a “hamlet” and census-designated area in Suffolk County, NY. Sayville provides a pedestrian-friendly downtown for Oakdale to the west and Bayport to the east. The picturesque neighborhood is filled with quaint shops, delightful restaurants, and waterfront activities. The Town has a well-rounded community life and there’s plenty to do and see. The Sayville Ferry also connects Long Island and Fire Island. Commuters that are looking to travel to Manhattan can catch a train at the Sayville station on the Montauk branch of the Long Island Railroad.
1) Visit Sayville Beach and Park – This is the perfect place for families. The park boasts a wide variety of attractions for people of all ages and has two play areas for kids, cement walkways for dog walkers, open area for picnics, complete with tables and grills. When summer rolls in, walks along the beach are relaxing and there are plenty of docks next to the beach which is complete with benches and boat hooks, allowing for activities such as ocean watching, crab fishing, and plenty more.
2) Enjoy a weekend at Fire Island – Fire Island is part of Suffolk County and it lines within Babylon, Islip, and Brookhaven. Immerse yourself in a weekend full of nature and the outdoors. There’s so much to do and discover: kayaking, hiking, biking, swimming, surfing, beach, and volleyball. Fire Island has plenty of dining and lodging options as well.
3) Have a fun and relaxing time at Loughlin Vineyards – Loughlin Vineyards is the closest Long Island vineyard to New York City and is 6 acres and produces a generous harvest of merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and chardonnay grapes. The vineyard is family owned and operated.
4) Dine at some of Sayville’s Delightful Restaurants – Sayville has a great variety of restaurants. One restaurant that is very well known by residents is Five Points Café for its food, atmosphere, and live music. For those interested in fresh Long Island fish, check out The Cull House. This beach-themed restaurant is on the coast of Sayville and has a welcoming vibe.
5) Make time for The Common Ground at Rotary Park – This is a place of peace, joy, and inspiration for everyone. The park was built through volunteer efforts and countries to thrive with dedicated volunteers. The park is filled with graceful gardens, walkways of personalized stones, and memorial benches. There is also a calendar full of events that take place in the park and they’re all free to attend.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!