When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, we say that he or she needs private home care. The person who provides this assistance is known as a private caregiver. People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, a person can benefit from someone to simply converse with, or help with household management.
No matter what your family’s specific private home care needs may be, LifeWorx can fulfill them. Our private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day, or as many as required—often, our clients request someone who can work on a live-in basis. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, a private caregiver will provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. He or she can also communicate with other family members to let them know how their loved one is doing, sharing stories of special, joyful moments and providing peace of mind.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome a live-in caregiver only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding someone who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. Our patented software enables us to search for caregivers with very specific qualities—for instance, a strong male who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting off by getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members imagine!
Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns. One way to do this is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and their companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care if needed.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
We can supply private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Located just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, our office in Great Neck is right at home in this quaint, upscale town. Servicing all of Nassau and Suffolk counties, our team here is well-equipped to meet the high standards of one of the country’s most affluent areas. There is a high demand for our in-home care services here and our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to the Long Island Sound, perhaps best known as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s inspiration for “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region and proudly serving both Nassau and Suffolk counties with professional elder in-home care. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
Huntington, NY is one of ten towns in Suffolk County, NY. Huntington is located just 40 miles from Manhattan and sits on the north-western corner of Suffolk County and the Long Island sound. Noted for its gorgeous coastline filled with beaches, parks, museums, and amenities including fine dining, entertainment, and exceptional shopping. The Town is within easy commuting distance of New York City. The Long Island Railroad has frequent schedules of trains and accommodates its commuters daily to New York City from the four stations in the Town.
1) Explore the Oheka Castle – Oheka Castle, also known as the Otto Kahn Estate, is a hotel located on the North Shore of Long Island. It is a breathtakingly beautiful historic mansion and it is recognized as one of the most prestigious wedding venues in the World as it boasts 32 luxurious guestrooms and suites, and it offers Historic Mansion tours of the estate and gardens.
2) Spend an afternoon at the Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion, and Planetarium – If you’re up for taking a short drive from Huntington, you will discover a unique museum situated along the North Shore of Long Island in Suffolk County. The Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion, and Planetarium offer a lot of fun activities and interesting exhibits you can view. Since this is a museum, mansion, and planetarium in one location, you will definitely see a lot of interesting things on every corner.
3) Relax at Fleets Cove Beach – This beach is nestled between Northport and Huntington and occupies 1,600 feet on Centerport’s coast. The beach has a grassy knoll and is perfect for picnic lunches. There’s an abundance of beauty at Fleets Cove, with its many opportunities for swimming and fishing.
4) Indulge in the sweetness of Long Island Chocolate & Chip in Dipped Chocolatier – Satisfy your sweet tooth and savor the best gourmet chocolates from the Long Island Chocolate & Chip’n Dipped Chocolatier. Their offerings are from chocolates to cookies to cake – any form of chocolate you can think of.
5) Visit Heckscher Park – This is a popular park that tourists and locals frequent for a relaxing yet fun day outdoors. The park hosts annual events, including art festivals, concerts, and more. If you enjoy nature and staying outdoors, Heckscher Park is a fantastic place to visit the pathways are surrounded by grass and bridges all over small ponds.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!