Got questions about 24-hour home care? We’re here to help! Call (516) 501-9152
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to talk to or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.
A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months. He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier.
Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in 24-hour home care coverage. Whether it was because your employer offered it or you decided to plan for your future on your own, the sooner you begin to explore long-term care options, the better for you and your family.
Long-term care for elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
We place a high value on compassion, warmth and the courage to do the right thing. Our 24-hour home care professionals are battle-tested. Our process intentionally rules out those looking for an easy job, way to check out all day or be on their phone.
We believe that a full understanding of the around-the-clock care options available is essential to family members. We provide 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx provides 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind.LEARN MORE
No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.Watch now
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, contacting the location closest to where care is needed is best. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Located just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, our office in Great Neck is right at home in this quaint, upscale town. Servicing all of Nassau and Suffolk counties, our team here is well-equipped to meet the high standards of one of the country’s most affluent areas. There is a high demand for our in-home care services here and our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to the Long Island Sound, perhaps best known as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s inspiration for “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region and proudly serving both Nassau and Suffolk counties with professional elder in-home care. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
Huntington, NY is one of ten towns in Suffolk County, NY. Huntington is located just 40 miles from Manhattan and sits on the north-western corner of Suffolk County and the Long Island sound. Noted for its gorgeous coastline filled with beaches, parks, museums, and amenities including fine dining, entertainment, and exceptional shopping. The Town is within easy commuting distance of New York City. The Long Island Railroad has frequent schedules of trains and accommodates its commuters daily to New York City from the four stations in the Town.
1) Explore the Oheka Castle – Oheka Castle, also known as the Otto Kahn Estate, is a hotel located on the North Shore of Long Island. It is a breathtakingly beautiful historic mansion and it is recognized as one of the most prestigious wedding venues in the World as it boasts 32 luxurious guestrooms and suites, and it offers Historic Mansion tours of the estate and gardens.
2) Spend an afternoon at the Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion, and Planetarium – If you’re up for taking a short drive from Huntington, you will discover a unique museum situated along the North Shore of Long Island in Suffolk County. The Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion, and Planetarium offer a lot of fun activities and interesting exhibits you can view. Since this is a museum, mansion, and planetarium in one location, you will definitely see a lot of interesting things on every corner.
3) Relax at Fleets Cove Beach – This beach is nestled between Northport and Huntington and occupies 1,600 feet on Centerport’s coast. The beach has a grassy knoll and is perfect for picnic lunches. There’s an abundance of beauty at Fleets Cove, with its many opportunities for swimming and fishing.
4) Indulge in the sweetness of Long Island Chocolate & Chip in Dipped Chocolatier – Satisfy your sweet tooth and savor the best gourmet chocolates from the Long Island Chocolate & Chip’n Dipped Chocolatier. Their offerings are from chocolates to cookies to cake – any form of chocolate you can think of.
5) Visit Heckscher Park – This is a popular park that tourists and locals frequent for a relaxing yet fun day outdoors. The park hosts annual events, including art festivals, concerts, and more. If you enjoy nature and staying outdoors, Heckscher Park is a fantastic place to visit the pathways are surrounded by grass and bridges all over small ponds.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!