People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to talk to or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.
A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months. He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier.
Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in 24-hour home care coverage. Whether it was because your employer offered it or you decided to plan for your future on your own, the sooner you begin to explore long-term care options, the better for you and your family.
Long-term care for elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
We place a high value on compassion, warmth and the courage to do the right thing. Our 24-hour home care professionals are battle-tested. Our process intentionally rules out those looking for an easy job, way to check out all day or be on their phone.
We believe that a full understanding of the around-the-clock care options available is essential to family members. We provide 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind.
Our team is well equipped to serve the area’s elderly and their families, making sure seniors get the care they deserve.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx provides 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind.LEARN MORE
No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.Watch now
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
With open doors, LifeWorx offers free consultations with client care coordinators and registered nurses to provide you with short-term companionship options or more in-depth care. We offer elder care services that will provide peace of mind for you and your family as well as provide security assistance to your loved one.
Downtown Brooklyn is the third largest central business district in New York City (after Midtown Manhattan and Lower Manhattan) and has changed dramatically since rezoning in 2004 allowed for residential growth. The rezoning and transformations have allowed more impressive new condos which have reshaped the skyline and brought in a mix of people and businesses that were once known for courthouses, colleges, and office buildings. The neighborhood has a lot to offer from its proximity to all best attractions, restaurants, and shopping places in the city, to its vibrant culture and unique character.
Like Lower Manhattan located across the river, Downtown Brooklyn is a hub for transportation where all subway lines meet before dispersing across the borough and the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) is just a short walk to Atlantic Barclays Center. One of the neighborhood’s best features is that it’s easily walkable and people can bike from the Brooklyn or Manhattan bridges where you can see beautiful views of the East River.
1) Enjoy the views and vibes at Brooklyn Heights Promenade – The Brooklyn Heights Promenade captivates the City’s most breathtaking views and walkway stretching across I-278. The Promenade is lined with majestic townhouses and mansions with a completely romantic feel. The walkway is a magnet for photographers and artists who appreciate the quintessential view of the city skyline, picturesque sunrises, and sunsets.
2) Catch a concert or a game at the Barclays Center – Barclays Center is one of the most well-known places to visit in Downtown Brooklyn, NY. It is a multi-purpose indoor arena and hosts numerous events. It is the home arena of the Brooklyn Nets and New York Icelanders, popular National Basketball and Hockey Association teams.
3) Go Shopping at Fulton Mall – Fulton Mall spans several blocks along Fulton Street in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn. The mall is a popular shopping destination and has over 250 retailers who provide everything, from clothes to toys to electronics. A true specialty of Fulton Mall is its mix of national and local businesses and eateries.
4) Explore the historic Williamsburgh Savings Bank Tower – Williamsburgh Bank Tower is one of the oldest and tallest buildings in Brooklyn. Built in 1927, it’s one of the largest clock towers in the world.
5) Visit the New York Transit Museum – The New York Transit Museum under Schermerhorn Street in Downtown Brooklyn is dedicated to the history of New York’s transport system. The beautifully renovated 1936 subway station views an array of vintage subway cars and exhibitions about the underground tunnel systems.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our New York City LifeWorx locations for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!