People who can benefit from companionship include fostering health by combating loneliness, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide assistance.
LifeWorx providers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to handling basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most seniors want to be independent and will welcome live-in assistance only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a companion who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together.
If your loved one is resistant to companion services, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns. One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of companion services and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and their companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to live-in companionship.
How do you screen your homemakers?
Each companion goes through three in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional services they’ve provided to clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of companions who apply to LifeWorx.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal candidates. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the companion. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the companionship, let us know within 48 hours. We will either issue you a full refund or correct the situation to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled homemakersLEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, contacting the location closest to where service is needed is best. Our experienced team and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local companions and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companionship, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
With open doors, LifeWorx offers free consultations with our client relations team, to provide you with short-term companionship options or more in-depth assistance. We offer companion services that will provide a piece of mind for you and your family as well as provide security assistance to your loved one.
LifeWorx has a strong presence in Westport, and our office is located in the National Hall. Just 52 miles northeast of New York City, Westport, CT has a vibrant downtown. Its residents enjoy the quality of life provided by the town’s conservation of natural resources, preservation of tradition and consistent community events. We’re proud to occupy one of Westport’s most historic buildings, first constructed 120 years ago – the original headquarters of Save the Children.
1) Stroll the paths of The Connecticut Audubon Society – Established in 1914 by Mabel Osgood Wright, this Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield is the oldest private songbird sanctuary in the Unites States. Between the trails, birds-of-prey exhibit, and butterfly garden, there is nothing but miles of peaceful nature to be found in this preserve.
2) Get in on the Connecticut action – Stamford Downtown is known for its array if shops, restaurants, and events. This spot is a perfect place to shop, dine, and mingle with the locals. Westport’s Downtown also features and upscale mixture of shops and dining. Featuring brands like Tiffany & Co to Eileen Fisher, you will certainly feel the New England charm while shopping or dining throughout this picturesque riverside setting.
3) Enjoy a hike – Located in Newtown, The Lillnonah Trail is a fairly walkable hike, featuring sites like The Pond Brook Inlet, Lake Lillinonah, and The Great Oak. You may even see a few eagles as you explore these paths.
4) Head to the beach – With five sprawling beaches along Connecticut’s Long Island Sound Coastal Waters, you will be sure to find your relaxing spot in the sun. As the Summer months approach, don’t forget to book your beach bonfire on Jennings beach to close the sun-filled day with the warmth of fire and family.
5) Explore the Zoo – A family fun hit, this zoo features 300 animals, primarily from North and South America. With a commitment to preservation of endangered animals, this family fun activity is sure to be a day of education and activity.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Westport LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!