7 Holiday Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones
The holiday season is upon us! It’s the time of the year when we express our appreciation to our loved ones and friends through an act of kindness or presenting gifts designed to bring a smile to their faces. Gift-giving during the holidays can be tricky and it’s especially challenging to find just the right gift for an aging loved one. Over the years, your loved one’s needs can change.
When it comes to gift ideas for aging loved ones, the best choices offer practicality and functionality. We’ve rounded up 7 gift ideas that are thoughtful, helpful, entertaining, comforting, and can improve your older adult’s quality of life.
- Amazon Alexa
- There are a variety of speakers available that can carry out a few tasks. Amazon Alexa has transformed how many people listen to music and get their news and information. This hands-free, voice-controlled device is designed with rich sound, a smart home hub, and Alexa. It has the ability to make voice calls, play music, give weather reports, read the news answers questions, tell jokes, and plenty more. By showing your loved one how Alexa can carry out various tasks, you will be opening a different world that will be beneficial, entertaining, and fun for them.
- Gift of Time
- Time is the most beautiful gift of all and it’s free! Spend time taking your loved one out to lunch or dinner, or just spend some time sitting with your family member and listening to their stories. Draw up a schedule and give the recipient an experience or something to really look forward to.
- Photo Memorabilia
- Capture the perfect gift with photo memorabilia like hanging picture collages, digital photo frames, or personalized coffee mugs. A digital photo frame makes a perfect gift since these are small frames that can display hundreds of photos that transition every few seconds, just like a slideshow. Photos are great for family members in memory care too as they can elicit feelings and memories.
- Puzzles and games
- Puzzles and games are fun, relaxing activities and suitable for all ages. Because there are so many choices available for these types of gifts, you should be able to find the exact one to suit your loved one’s interests and abilities. In addition to being fun, puzzles games, and word searches are great ways to keep minds active and as sharp as possible. They also engage the brain, helping to keep cognitive skills sharp.
- Shared experience gifts
- A shared experience gift is a great way to spend time with your loved one doing an activity they love or discovering something new. More than any material thing, most seniors love to be with their cherished family members and friends. A perfect gift for your loved one might be a night out to a favorite restaurant or surprise tickets to the latest theatrical performance.
- A blanket
- Give the gift of comfort with a cozy blanket so your loved one can keep warm. An electric blanket, which plugin for an extra layer of warmth, and weighted blankets, which can help ease anxiety and stress, are perfect senior gifts. It will keep them warm on chilly nights and the cost of heating the blanket is minimal.
- Tablet or E-Reader
- Today’s handheld devices are designed to be easier to use than ever, making them great gifts for older adults looking to step into the technology world. A simple, secure tablet is perfect for seniors who want to video call with family, and friends, safely browse the internet, view photos, listen to music, and much more.
These are all great holiday gift ideas for your aging loved one but remember that there is no better gift you can give to your loved one than that of your presence! Simply spending time with your loved one will make them feel special and appreciated and that’s the most valuable and important gift you can give them.
Stay tuned for our final article for 2022: Prioritizing self-care during the holiday season.
How can LifeWorx help me?
Our services range from Long-term care to Companion care, Personal Care and beyond. We also specialize in Alzheimer’s/dementia, Ambulatory care & Private-duty nurse.
LifeWorx provides only dedicated career nannies who are professionals in their field. They have at least three years of full-time experience working in local homes and are all fluent in English. They are safe and responsible drivers with their own reliable vehicle.
Our housekeepers are experienced and trained professionals, all having at least three years of full-time experience. They are all experienced in deep and detailed cleaning to leave your home sparkling.
Our Сhefs will prepare a delicious dinner for your family while you are busy, and Personal Assistants will help you to quickly solve the accumulated issues. Our experienced Estate Managers will help you carry out the necessary real estate transactions on time. You will be more successful with us!