When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communication skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elders without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
As a NY State licensed agency, we are a one-stop shop for all your home care needs.LEARN MORE
In many cases, our clients request private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Located just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, our office in Great Neck is right at home in this quaint, upscale town. Servicing all of Nassau and Suffolk counties, our team here is well-equipped to meet the high standards of one of the country’s most affluent areas. There is a high demand for our in-home care services here and our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to the Long Island Sound, perhaps best known as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s inspiration for “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region and proudly serving both Nassau and Suffolk counties with professional elder in-home care. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
Southampton is located on the South Fork of Long Island in Suffolk County, NY. Located along the Hamptons shoreline, Southampton is one of New York’s longest and most respected locations. It is one of the largest hamlets in The Hamptons. Southampton has all the amenities a person could want in a beautiful nautical setting.
The luxurious destination boasts beautiful beaches, high-end shops, top-rated restaurants, and lavish accommodations. There is a Long Island Rail Road station that will take you to Midtown Manhattan in approximately 2 hours. Today Southampton is a nationally renowned beach resort, attracting some of the wealthiest people to Long Island’s East End during the warm and beautiful months.
1) Enjoy a beach day – Above all, the Hamptons are best known for their beaches. White sand, plenty of room to spread out, picturesque waves, and the offering of public beaches. The most popular beach in Southampton is Coopers Beach. It’s kid-friendly, with an on-duty lifeguard and a bathhouse with restrooms, showers, and food.
2) Walk and Shop at Main Street – The Village of Southampton has one of the best downtown strips in all the Hamptons. Here you will find chic boutiques, historic buildings, and popular restaurants with outdoor seating on brick-lined sidewalks. From antique shops to upscale boutiques, and home décor to sporting goods, there’s so much to uncover in Southampton’s downtown area.
3) Learn about Southampton’s History – If you’d like to understand the area’s history, a visit to the Southampton History Museum is a must. There are seven historical sites that grace the museum’s property including blacksmith and carpentry shops, a country store, a saloon, an apothecary, etc. The museum is open year-round with seasonal hours.
4) Visit The Parrish Art Museum – The Parrish Art Museum showcases beautiful pieces from the 1800s to today. The museum focuses primarily on the South and North Forks of Long Island. The museum also hosts a variety of temporary exhibitions throughout the year, highlighting the work of established and emerging artists.
5) Enjoy seasonal and locally grown produce from Hank’s Farmstand and Hank’s Pumpkintown – Hank’s Farmstand is famous in the Hamptons as a haven for family fun during the summer through the holidays. During the summer months, Hank’s Farmstand is open June through Mid-September. Hank’s Pumpkintown runs from about mid-September through Halloween.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Southampton LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.*This location is by appointment only.Contact Us Today!