7 Reasons to Care for Your Physical Health
Many factors can influence healthy aging. Some of these, such as genetics are out of our control. Other factors include exercise, a healthy diet, going to the doctor regularly, and taking care of our mental health which we can control.
Aging can cause older adults to lose the energy, muscle strength, and motivation to be physically active. However, being physically active can help seniors stay in shape and delay or prevent cognitive decline.
The mental and physical health had a significant impact on the quality of life, and while some charges are out of an aging adult’s control, there are many reasons and things that can be done to ensure your loved one is aging gracefully:
- Lower impact of disease or chronic conditions – senior adults who exercise regularly are more likely to have strong immunity, better digestion, stable blood pressure, better bone density, and a lowered risk of diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer’s, obesity, and even certain cancers.
- Improves better sleep – If you add regular aerobic exercise during the day promotes deeper sleep by raising your core body temperature and encouraging rest when you start to cool down. Working out 2-3 hours before bed will help you stay asleep and leave you waking up refreshed.
- Working out increases bone health and strength – as people age, muscle loss is common, but regular exercise builds healthy bones and helps maintain bone strength in seniors. Exercise can help to increase bone density and protect older adults from fractures.
- Increased balance and stability – Falls are the number one injury among seniors, and regular exercise can help prevent them. Falling leads to injuries like broken hips or other bone, and exercise is a key component to improve functional reach and balance.
- Improved mood – Working out releases endorphins – called the “feel good hormones” – they help to relieve stress and feelings of sadness, anxiety, depression, and so on. When you are active, you feel stronger and more self-confident.
- Exercise improves social wellness – For many seniors, having an active social life can be difficult Some aging adults are increasing their social wellness by making exercise a fun group outing with others in the community. Whether it’s through joining a walking group or participating in a class, socializing while working out keeps people young at heart and mentally sharp.
- Working out keeps you focused and gives you more energy – Exercise is linked to improving cognitive functions and better motor skills. Physical activity is also associated with lowering the risk of vascular dementia in seniors. Maintaining a regular fitness routine can help seniors stay focused and allow them to lead a better quality of life.
We also encourage you to read our previous articles on physical and mental health:
It is never too late for seniors to start engaging in a regular exercise routine or physical activity. The key is to find something you enjoy doing and maintain a level that is easy for you to meet and commit too. The more you know, the better your chances of maintaining a healthy present and future.
How can LifeWorx help me?
Our services range from Long-term care to Companion care, Personal Care and beyond. We also specialize in Alzheimer’s/dementia, Ambulatory care & Private-duty nurse.
LifeWorx provides only dedicated career nannies who are professionals in their field. They have at least three years of full-time experience working in local homes and are all fluent in English. They are safe and responsible drivers with their own reliable vehicle.
Our housekeepers are experienced and trained professionals, all having at least three years of full-time experience. They are all experienced in deep and detailed cleaning to leave your home sparkling.
Our Сhefs will prepare a delicious dinner for your family while you are busy, and Personal Assistants will help you to quickly solve the accumulated issues. Our experienced Estate Managers will help you carry out the necessary real estate transactions on time. You will be more successful with us!