Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the most touchy subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, his or her self-esteem rises. She’s more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well being.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Long Island, NY is home to several wineries and vineyards, white sand beaches, historic restaurants, and of course, The Hamptons. About 8% of Long Island residents are 65 years or older. If you recently visited your elderly loved one and found him or her in need of a shower or shave, it may be time to consider a home health aide (HHA). We’re here to help!
With over 50 nursing and rehabilitiation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau county alone, we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of Long Term Care Insurance here in Long Island. We are here to serve as the liaison between us and your Long-Term Care policy, so you can focus on what’s important, spending time with those you love in the Long Term.
1) Check out Museum Row – Located in Garden City, this education metroplex is a destination for The Long Island Children’s Museum, The Nassau Firefighter’s museum, The Cradle of Aviation Museum, and The Nassau County Veterans Museum. You could easily fill a few days learning about everything from earth and science to F-14 planes.
2) Step Back in Time – The Old Bethpage Village Restoration includes 51 historic buildings such as an inn, a store, and a church in order to give an accurate depiction of pre Civil War life. Actors will even come to dress in costumes to recreate this custom colonial life.
3) Stroll through Americana – Once called The Rodeo Drive of the East Coast, with over 60 international boutique in location, Americana in Manhasset is home brand names like Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karen, Gucci, and Fendi
4) Explore the outdoors with The Sands Point Park and Preserve – Featuring hiking grounds and trails that lead to the Long Island Sound, this spot is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a cross-country skiing excursion on a winter day. Don’t forget to check out the castle-like mansions; Hempstead House, Castle Gould, and Falaise. Falaise, built by Harry S. Guggenheim houses antiques dated back to the 16th century with renowned pieces of Renaissance art.
5) Play with the Pros – Bethpage Black course, home of the U.S Open in 2002 and 2009 is the only public Golf Course on The PGA Tour. Its difficulty level brings some of the sport’s top players. If you’re not in the mood for the links, you can also picnic, hike, play tennis, or horseback ride in the surrounding state park.
6) Take in the Triple Crown – Belmont Park is one of the oldest tracks in the nation for the sport of thoroughbred racing. Even if there is a day without a race, you can enjoy the fine dining, picnic facilities, and petting zoo the park has to offer.
7) Visit the Presidential Summer Home – Theodore Roosevelt, our 26th President of The United Stated referred to Sagamore Hill as his “Summer White House”. He resided here until his death in 1919. Managed by the National Parks Service, the park also features an Audubon Center and Songbird Sanctuary.
8) Head to the Beach – Jones Beach State Park is the largest public beach in the world with 6.5 miles of uninterrupted beach front. The boardwalk itself spans two miles. As you stroll the boardwalk, make sure to look out for local basketball games, deck games, a miniature golf course, and free concerts. You can also fish from the piers or go bird watching at the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Center. While heading towards the ocean, make sure to check out the equally as impressive Long Beach, a quintessential surf town with laid back vibes.
9) Graze through the Gardens – Long Island is home to some beautiful pastures. The Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay allows you and your family to wander the grounds of the Gold Coast and its formal gardens and greenhouses. Old Westbury Gardens also opens up for mansion and garden tours.
10) Hike “Merrick Mountain” – Once a landfill, this landmark represents the commitment to environmental preservation in Long Island, saving the taxpayers more than $42 million. This 52-acre facility is perfect for picnicking, fishing, and wildlife. Take a tour by foot or rent a kayak. You may even see a Nigerian dwarf goat, maintaining the weed overgrowth.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!