When a loved one needs elder care at home, the options can often seem daunting. To make it easy for you to care for your family members, LifeWorx has three focuses:
If you think a move is hard for most families, imagine doing it later in life. You’re contending with frail health, while also leaving all your familiar surroundings. With elder care from LifeWorx, you won’t have to submit a much-loved senior to the rigors of relocation. Aging parents can instead benefit from the privacy, ease, and dignity of aging in the comfort of their own homes. Relaxed and reassured, they can enjoy a variety of recreational activities and market-fresh meals. Adult children and other family members can pursue their own demanding schedules without guilt or hesitation, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is not only safe, but also happy.
When hiring a caregiver for an elderly parent, you’re likely wondering how you’ll find someone who’s trustworthy, engaging, and thoughtful—a lifeline you can count on even if you’re far away. At LifeWorx, we customize our elder care to fit our families’ exact needs, keeping the process simple. We assign you one point of contact who becomes family and helps bring you peace of mind.
How do you screen your caregivers?
Each private home health aide goes through three in-depth interviews and provides references from two past professional in-home services clients. In addition, we conduct in-depth background checks and further research as needed. Our standard is to choose from among the top 10% of caregivers who apply to LifeWorx.
What insurance carriers do you accept?
We work with all long-term care insurance providers and are happy to have our team of in-house insurance experts take care of all the meticulous paperwork and filing for you.
How does your process work?
You can get started with a phone call or visit this location. After assessing your family’s needs, we provide you with 2-3 ideal caregivers. You can then interview the candidate(s) you select if you wish. From there, the schedule is up to your agreement with the caregiver. You can begin as soon as you want. It’s not uncommon for the service to begin the same day, but in some rare situations, it may take an additional day.
What is your guarantee?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re not satisfied with the elder care service, let us know within 48 hours. We will either issue you a full refund or correct the situation to your satisfaction.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled Long Term Care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Upper West Side is home to some of New York City’s most iconic attractions, including the American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center, and plenty more. The Upper West Side has some of the greatest cultural institutions the city has to offer. Lincoln Center hosts the New York City Ballet, The New York Philharmonic Orchestra, and several performing arts programs. The American Museum of Natural History located in a pocket of Central Park has over 40 exhibits ad scientific collections, as well as a planetarium and library.
With multiple subway lines, the West Side traditionally has been the busier side of Manhattan. The Upper West Side has plenty to offer from the best restaurants to grocery stores, gyms, and outdoor attractions. Manhattan is famed for its hustle and bustle, but on the Upper West Side, you’ll have a good mix of bustling and cultural experiences.
With open doors, LifeWorx offers free consultations with client care coordinators and registered nurses to provide you with short-term companionship options or more in-depth care. We offer elder care services that will provide a piece of mind for you and your family as well as provide security assistance to your loved one.
1) Check out the Parks – It really doesn’t get any better than Central Park which stretches from the affluent entrance at 59th Street Columbus Circle all the way to 110th. Take a stroll around the gorgeous Reservoir, rent a rowboat for a paddle around The Lake, and wander around the famous Strawberry Fields mosaic. Riverside Park is a narrow, but beautiful strip that borders the Hudson River. You may also find the plaza at Lincoln Center relaxing – sit by the fountain in the newly redesigned center in this neighborhood.
2) Stop by at Columbus Circle – This area is pretty much the beginning of the Upper West Side and is right on the border of Midtown, Manhattan. Columbus Circle is more frequently associated with The Time Warner Center located here, standing at 80 stories high and 750 feet tall, these twin skyscrapers offer options between dining, shopping, working, and residing. The Time Warner Center boasts a host of Michelin-starred restaurants, and The Shops at Columbus Circle is home to more than 50 retail boutiques and shops for the enjoyment of visitors and residents alike.
3) Make time for the American Museum of Natural History – The American Museum of Natural History is a symbol of the city and a top place to visit in New York City. Packed with exhibitions representing people and animals throughout the ages, the museum also has a planetarium and a digital 3D and 2D theater, as well as special visiting exhibitions and plenty of places to eat and shop.
4) Dine at some of the best restaurants in the area – From classic Jewish delis and Dominican standbys to some of the best eats – the options on the Upper West Side will satisfy nearly the mood. Around Lincoln Square, it’s always a scene at The Smith, which is a popular brunch and pre-theatre dinner spot. As you head north, the 70’s, and 80’s along Columbus and Amsterdam are lined with endless options.
5) Enjoy a performance at The Lincoln Center – The venue is home to some of the best opera, film, theater, and more. It’s an iconic spot on the Upper West Side and is the heart of New York City’s culture. Lincoln Center is home to 12 performing arts companies and educational institutions dedicated to arts of music, dance, and drama including Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit one of our New York City offices for an in-person consultation. This office is by appointment only. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!