When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family
members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
With a population of 28,000, about 16% of Westport’s residents are 65 years or older.LEARN MORE
In many cases, our clients request private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Just 52 miles northeast of New York City, Westport, CT has a vibrant downtown and is the center of Fairfield County, CT. Residents pride themselves on the conservation of natural resources, preservation of tradition and consistent community events. About 15% of Westport’s residents are 65 years or older. Within Fairfield County, our services cover towns from Greenwich to Bridgeport, and up to Lichfield in the north.
LifeWorx is right at the corner of Riverside in a historic building. When an elder needs care, our local approach is to provide personalized service with a hand-selected caregiver to meet your family’s needs.
1) Check out The Local Aquarium – Did you ever wonder what was in the Long Island Sound. With over 1200 marine animals and 259 species, this Connecticut staple focuses on the local marine culture of our local waters.
2) Explore the Zoo – A family fun hit, this zoo features 300 animals, primarily from North and South America. With a commitment to preservation of endangered animals, this family fun activity is sure to be a day of education and activity.
3) Stroll the paths of The Connecticut Audubon Society – Established in 1914 by Mabel Osgood Wright, this Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield is the oldest private songbird sanctuary in the Unites States. Between the trails, birds-of-prey exhibit, and butterfly garden, there is nothing but miles of peaceful nature to be found in this preserve.
4) Get in the Connecticut Action – Stamford Downtown is known for its array if shops, restaurants, and events. This spot is a perfect place to shop, dine, and mingle with the locals. Westport’s Downtown also features and upscale mixture of shops and dining. Featuring brands like Tiffany & Co to Eileen Fisher, you will certainly feel the New England charm while shopping or dining throughout this picturesque riverside setting.
5) Enjoy a Live Theatre Performance – The Westport Country Playhouse, originally built in 1835 and found in 1931 is home to community events year-round.
6) Check out Jones Family Farms – This 400-acre working farm invites families to visit and help harvest seasonal crops like strawberries, blueberries, and pumpkins.
7) Get lost in the museums – Bruce Museum offers exhibits promoting an appreciation of art and science. It received accreditation from the American Association of Museums, an honor granted to few than five percent of all museums. It’s no wonder it sees 70,000 visitors yearly. If you’re more in the mood to learn about soarin the skies, the National Helicopter Museum is for you. Stratford is the birthplace of The American Helicopter Industry, making this site a must-visit.
8) Take a Hike – Located in Newtown, The Lillnonah Trail is a fairly walkable hike, featuring sites like The Pond Brook Inlet, Lake Lillinonah, and The Great Oak. You may even see a few eagles as you explore these paths.
9) Head to the beach – With five sprawling beaches along Connecticut’s Long Island Sound Coastal Waters, you will be sure to find your relaxing spot in the sun. As the Summer months approach, don’t forget to book your beach bonfire on Jennings beach to close the sun-filled day with the warmth of fire and family.
10) Play a round of Golf – With fourteen golf courses found in Fairfield County, there is no shortage of links to be found in this New England home.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Westport LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!