When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Our Westport office is well equipped to serve the area’s elderly and their families, making sure seniors get the care they deserve.LEARN MORE
We can supply private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Just 52 miles northeast of New York City, Westport, CT, has a vibrant downtown and is the center of Fairfield County. Residents pride themselves on their careful preservation of both natural resources and local traditions, including long-standing community events. About 15% of Westport’s residents are 65 years or older. Within Fairfield County, we serve towns from Greenwich to Bridgeport, and up to Litchfield in the north.
The LifeWorx Westport office is conveniently located right at the corner of Riverside Ave in a historic building. From here, we server a number of towns throughout Fairfield county, from Greenwich to Bridgeport, and up to Litchfield in the north. When an elder needs care, our approach is to provide personalized service via a caregiver who has been hand-selected to meet your family’s needs.
1) Check out the Local Aquarium – Did you ever wonder what sorts of sea creatures make their home in the Long Island Sound? With over 1,200 marine animals and 259 species on display, The Maritim Aquarium in Norwalk focuses on the marine culture of our local waters.
2) Explore the Zoo – A surefire hit with families, Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo features 300 animals, primarily from North and South America.
3) Stroll the Paths of The Connecticut Audubon Society – Established in 1914 by Mabel Osgood Wright, the Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield is the oldest private songbird sanctuary in the United States. Between the trails, birds-of-prey exhibit, and butterfly garden, you’ll find plenty to explore here.
4) Shop ‘Till You Drop then Wine and Dine – Stamford Downtown is known for its array of stores, restaurants, and events. This spot is a perfect place to shop, dine, and mingle with the locals. Westport’s Downtown also boasts an upscale mix of restaurants, as well as shops featuring tony brands like Tiffany & Co and Eileen Fisher. Whether you snag a buy or grab a bite in this picturesque riverside setting, you will feel its New England charm.
5) Enjoy a Live Theatre Performance – The Westport Country Playhouse, originally built in 1835 and founded in 1931, is home to community events year-round.
6) Check Out Jones Family Farms – This 400-acre working farm invites families to visit and help harvest seasonal crops like strawberries, blueberries, and pumpkins.
7) Get Lost in the Local Museums – The Bruce Museum, which draws an impressive 70,000 visitors annually, offers exhibits promoting an appreciation of art and science. It has received accreditation from the American Association of Museums, an honor that is bestowed on fewer than five percent of museums. If you’re in the mood to learn about soaring in the skies, the National Helicopter Museum is for you. Stratford is the birthplace of the American helicopter industry, making this destination a must-visit.
8) Take a Hike – Located in Newtown, The Lillnonah Trail is a fairly walkable hike, featuring sites like The Pond Brook Inlet, Lake Lillinonah, and The Great Oak. You may even see a few eagles as you explore.
9) Head to the Beach – With five sprawling beaches situated along Connecticut’s Long Island Sound Coastal Waters, you will be sure to find your relaxing spot in the sun. As the summer months approach, don’t forget to book your beach bonfire on Jennings Beach, so you end a to close the sun-filled day with the warmth of fire and family.
10) Play a Round of Golf – Fairfield County’s 14 golf courses mean you’re never far from the greens.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Westport LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!