Got questions about 24-hour home care? We’re here to help! Call (203) 966-3400
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to talk to or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.
A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months. He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier.
Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in 24-hour home care coverage. Whether it was because your employer offered it or you decided to plan for your future on your own, the sooner you begin to explore long-term care options, the better for you and your family.
Long-term care for elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements.
We place a high value on compassion, warmth and the courage to do the right thing. Our 24-hour home care professionals are battle-tested. Our process intentionally rules out those looking for an easy job, way to check out all day or be on their phone.
We believe that a full understanding of the around-the-clock care options available is essential to family members. We provide 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind. Download our white paper to learn more about the type of coverage, and how to get the most out of a long-term care policy.
With a population of 28,000, about 16% of Westport’s residents are 65 years or older.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx provides 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind.LEARN MORE
No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide 24-hour care for the elderly in their own home.Watch now
People who can benefit from a live-in caregiver include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty.LEARN MORE
Helen is an in-home physical therapist, and her clients are primarily seniors. Her dad suffers from Parkinson’s disease, is declining in health and needed home help. While he lives with her mom, she could no longer help with the activities of daily living (ADL) that were required during the day. During her home visits, Helen had witnessed LifeWorx aides assisting her clients. She was impressed by them, and now that she needed help for her own dad, we were her first call. After carefully listening to her needs, we sent her five qualified aides. While all were great, she chose two to work the seven days that were needed. That was five years ago, and the aides have been there consistently ever since. On a good day, he’s walking along the Saugatuck River, Compo Beach, or even having lunch in downtown Westport.
Just 52 miles northeast of New York City, Westport, CT has a vibrant downtown. Its residents enjoy the quality of life provided by the town’s conservation of natural resources, preservation of tradition and consistent community events. About 15% of Westport’s residents are 65 years or older. LifeWorx provides 24-hour home care options with you and your family in mind. We’re here to help!
1) Check out The Local Aquarium – Did you ever wonder what was in the Long Island Sound? With over 1200 marine animals and 259 species, this Connecticut staple focuses on the local marine culture of our local waters.
2) Explore the Zoo – A family fun hit, this zoo features 300 animals, primarily from North and South America. With a commitment to preservation of endangered animals, this family fun activity is sure to be a day of education and activity.
3) Stroll the paths of The Connecticut Audubon Society – Established in 1914 by Mabel Osgood Wright, this Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield is the oldest private songbird sanctuary in the Unites States. Between the trails, birds-of-prey exhibit, and butterfly garden, there is nothing but miles of peaceful nature to be found in this preserve.
4) Get in the Connecticut Action – Stamford Downtown is known for its array if shops, restaurants, and events. This spot is a perfect place to shop, dine, and mingle with the locals. Westport’s Downtown also features and upscale mixture of shops and dining. Featuring brands like Tiffany & Co to Eileen Fisher, you will certainly feel the New England charm while shopping or dining throughout this picturesque riverside setting.
5) Enjoy a Live Theatre Performance – The Westport Country Playhouse, originally built in 1835 and found in 1931 is home to community events year-round.
6) Check out Jones Family Farms – This 400-acre working farm invites families to visit and help harvest seasonal crops like strawberries, blueberries, and pumpkins.
7) Get lost in the museums – Bruce Museum offers exhibits promoting an appreciation of art and science. It received accreditation from the American Association of Museums, an honor granted to few than five percent of all museums. It’s no wonder it sees 70,000 visitors yearly. If you’re more in the mood to learn about soarin the skies, the National Helicopter Museum is for you. Stratford is the birthplace of The American Helicopter Industry, making this site a must-visit.
8) Take a Hike – Located in Newtown, The Lillnonah Trail is a fairly walkable hike, featuring sites like The Pond Brook Inlet, Lake Lillinonah, and The Great Oak. You may even see a few eagles as you explore these paths.
9) Head to the beach – With five sprawling beaches along Connecticut’s Long Island Sound Coastal Waters, you will be sure to find your relaxing spot in the sun. As the Summer months approach, don’t forget to book your beach bonfire on Jennings beach to close the sun-filled day with the warmth of fire and family.
10) Play a round of Golf – With fourteen golf courses found in Fairfield County, there is no shortage of links to be found in this New England home.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Westport LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!