Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the most touchy subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, his or her self-esteem rises. She’s more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well being.
With a population of 28,000, about 16% of Westport’s residents are 65 years or older.LEARN MORE
In many cases, our clients request private home care ranging from elder care to nannies, housekeepers and more!LEARN MORE
Our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
You can trust our Westport office to effectively screen all Home Health Aides. We thoroughly sort through each candidate to make a perfect match with you and your family. We pride ourselves on our intensive interview process to avoid any risk in your own home, and of course, help you gain the support you need in gaining piece of mind for your loved one.
1) Check out The Local Aquarium – Did you ever wonder what was in the Long Island Sound. With over 1200 marine animals and 259 species, this Connecticut staple focuses on the local marine culture of our local waters.
2) Explore the Zoo – A family fun hit, this zoo features 300 animals, primarily from North and South America. With a commitment to preservation of endangered animals, this family fun activity is sure to be a day of education and activity.
3) Stroll the paths of The Connecticut Audubon Society – Established in 1914 by Mabel Osgood Wright, this Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield is the oldest private songbird sanctuary in the Unites States. Between the trails, birds-of-prey exhibit, and butterfly garden, there is nothing but miles of peaceful nature to be found in this preserve.
4) Get in the Connecticut Action – Stamford Downtown is known for its array if shops, restaurants, and events. This spot is a perfect place to shop, dine, and mingle with the locals. Westport’s Downtown also features and upscale mixture of shops and dining. Featuring brands like Tiffany & Co to Eileen Fisher, you will certainly feel the New England charm while shopping or dining throughout this picturesque riverside setting.
5) Enjoy a Live Theatre Performance – The Westport Country Playhouse, originally built in 1835 and found in 1931 is home to community events year-round.
6) Check out Jones Family Farms – This 400-acre working farm invites families to visit and help harvest seasonal crops like strawberries, blueberries, and pumpkins.
7) Get lost in the museums – Bruce Museum offers exhibits promoting an appreciation of art and science. It received accreditation from the American Association of Museums, an honor granted to few than five percent of all museums. It’s no wonder it sees 70,000 visitors yearly. If you’re more in the mood to learn about soarin the skies, the National Helicopter Museum is for you. Stratford is the birthplace of The American Helicopter Industry, making this site a must-visit.
8) Take a Hike – Located in Newtown, The Lillnonah Trail is a fairly walkable hike, featuring sites like The Pond Brook Inlet, Lake Lillinonah, and The Great Oak. You may even see a few eagles as you explore these paths.
9) Head to the beach – With five sprawling beaches along Connecticut’s Long Island Sound Coastal Waters, you will be sure to find your relaxing spot in the sun. As the Summer months approach, don’t forget to book your beach bonfire on Jennings beach to close the sun-filled day with the warmth of fire and family.
10) Play a round of Golf – With fourteen golf courses found in Fairfield County, there is no shortage of links to be found in this New England home.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Westport LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!