When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Our West Palm Beach office is well equipped to serve the area’s elderly and their families, making sure seniors get the care they deserve.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. The care consultants and candidate relations managers are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Situated just west of Palm Beach along the Intracoastal Waterway, West Palm Beach is one of the three largest cities that make up the South Florida region, and the central city of Palm Beach County. Home to a breathtaking waterfront, bustling entertainment districts, and scenic neighborhoods, West Palm Beach is a lot more than just palm trees and beaches.
West Palm Beach is combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. It’s separated from neighboring Palm Beach by the Lake Worth Lagoon. At South Florida, you have access to everything, and attracts people from across the country. Our office makes it easy for our clients to meet us to discuss their needs privately in person.
1) Visit Clematis Street and Downtown West Palm Beach – Downtown West Palm Beach is just one of the many places you’ll want to experience in Florida. This is a charming and popular attraction and is filled with galleries, restaurants, and retail shops just a block from South Florida’s white sandy beaches. Throughout the year, Downtown West Palm Beach is known for hosting a variety of events ranging from music festivals to outdoor movies to holiday festivities.
2) Shopping in Rosemary Square – Rosemary Square is usually referred to as “The Square”, an exciting Mediterranean-themed retail and entertainment center and you can literally spend all day and night without experiencing everything there is to do here. This revitalized downtown area offers a variety of fun shopping, dining, entertainment, and live music.
3) Immerse yourself in Mounts Botanical Gardens – A beautiful oasis unexpectedly located near Palm Beach International and it’s the oldest public garden, home to nearly two thousand types of tropical plants deriving from six continents. It features more than 6,000 tropical and subtropical plants from around the world, including flowering trees and shrubs, fruit trees, a vegetable garden, a rose garden, the reflection pond, etc.
4) Relax at Delray Beach – Just south of West Palm Beach, Delray Beach is one of the prettiest beach towns in Florida, perfect for a day trip from West Palm Beach. The scenic coastline is located near downtown Atlantic Avenue and Pineapple Grove district; spanning over 300 acres of golden sands and open waters, Delray Beach has many outdoor activities to offer aside from the usual swimming and boogie board.
5) Visit the Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge – You can experience urban excitement at the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, you’ll see hundreds of species of animals and plants and that exist only in the Florida Everglades ecosystem. There are also numerous trails for walking or biking, along with watery “highways” where you can paddle in a canoe, such as the Marsh Trail or the Everglades Canoe Trail.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our West Palm Beach Private Home Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!