Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the most touchy subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, his or her self-esteem rises. She’s more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well being.
Our Long Island office has become a hub for finding talent in Home Health Aides. Those that have shown a valid certification are also put on our registry with The Department of Health, so we can effectively serve your loved ones after gaining more of an understanding of the Activities of Daily Living. Each Home Health Aide is screened thoroughly, required to have a clean background, and driving record in addition to a thorough interview process identifying our Expert (as we call them) experience, preferences, and flexibility to ensure not only a seamless, trusted match, but a long-lasting relationship.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Located just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, our office in Great Neck is right at home in this quaint, upscale town. Servicing all of Nassau and Suffolk counties, our team here is well-equipped to meet the high standards of one of the country’s most affluent areas. There is a high demand for our in-home care services here and our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to the Long Island Sound, perhaps best known as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s inspiration for “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region and proudly serving both Nassau and Suffolk counties with professional elder in-home care. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
Westhampton is a hamlet and census-designated place located in Suffolk County, NY. Many regard Westhampton as the western start of Hampton and it is located within the town of Southampton. The hamlet stretches from Sunrise Highway/Route 27 on its northern boundary to the waterfront in the south. Westhampton is the ultimate seaside location with exclusive boutiques, a thriving business community, and a focus on the creative arts. Westhampton is an easy drive or train ride from Manhattan. With protected wetlands, parks, and beaches, plenty of outdoor activities exist.
1) Visit The Village of Westhampton Beach – The Village of Westhampton Beach offers waterfront living and dining at high-end shopping, and the performing arts all in a charming downtown close to the sandy beaches off Dune Road.
2) Indulge in some of Westhampton’s finest foods – Most of Westhampton’s cuisine is found along Montauk Highway. Here you will find robust seafood offerings, from oysters on the half-shell, to shrimp po’boys, fish, and chips – in Westhampton.
3) Attend the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center – Opened in June 1932, the Westhampton Theatre with 600 seats. The beautifully renovated movie theatre has been transformed into a state-of-the-art performing arts center for Long Island. From world-class artists to supporting students through participation in the performing arts, the center’s stage serves as a year-round focal point for the area’s diverse community.
4) Enjoy seasonal and locally grown produce from West Hampton’s Farmers Market – West Hampton’s farmers market farm stand is especially well-equipped with locally grown veggies and fruits, quiches, muffins, seafood, and raw honey from local hives.
5) Spend an afternoon at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge – The 305-acre Quogue Wildlife Refuge has over seven miles of hiking trails where hikers of all ages can enjoy serene views while listening to the sounds of nature. Free of charge and it is opened 365 days a year from sunrise to sunset.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!