When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Our Englewood office is in a charming, inclusive town just 10 miles from Time Square and its residents enjoy a vast array of entertainment, shopping, and housing options. We chose Englewood to better serve all of our Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Union and Passaic counties in the New Jersey region. Our ground-floor office makes it easy for our clients to walk in and meet with us to discuss their needs privately and in person.
Weehawken, NJ is best known for its world-famous views and unbeatable proximity to Manhattan and has been home to generations of lifelong residents. Located in Hudson County, Weehawken lies 5 miles north of Jersey City and opposite New York City on the Hudson River. Picturesque parks, renowned waterfront restaurants, and an award-winning educational system have attracted many to the city. Weehawken boasts a variety of efficient routes into the city. You can travel under the Hudson via NJ transit buses or use a network of ferries and water taxis to travel by sea.
1) Enjoy the views – Weehawken offers arguably the best views of the Manhattan skyline. The New Jersey vantage point is the perfect place to capture blue hour as the city lights begin to illuminate the Manhattan skyline. At Old Glory Park, the elevated park gives a bird’s eye view of New York’s concrete jungle. It’s the perfect place for an amazing panorama in the city.
2) Take a skyline tour at Hamilton Park – Hamilton Park has an incredible history – and it is the sight of many recreational and sightseeing opportunities. Hamilton Park is situated along Port Imperial Boulevard on the Hudson River, offering a gorgeous view of the New York City skyline and the beautiful river itself. One of the more popular attractions offered is the recurring skyline tour, which offers some of the best views of the Manhattan skyline.
3) See the Weehawken Water Tower –The 175-foot Weehawken Water Tower is an impressive architectural beacon with an interesting history. Originally, the tower was part of a large complex that included office buildings, shops, and other attractions. Today, only the tower stands – and though it is no longer used for water storage and transport, it still serves as a focal point of interest. While it’s not regularly open to the public, you can explore the small park at the base of it and the city hosts occasional events, such as tours inside the renovated tower itself.
4) Go on a dinner cruise along the Hudson – Another popular attraction that both locals and tourists enjoy is going on a river cruise. The Spirit of New Jersey offers a range of lunch, dinner, and specialty/holiday cruises to suit your needs. With each cruise, guests enjoy incredible views of the Hudson River and New York City skylines.
5) Visit Park Avenue – You’ll want to check out Park Avenue, which runs through the center of town and is a hub of all kinds of shops, bars, and restaurants. You can easily spend an entire day shopping and dining along Park Avenue.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Englewood Long Term Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!