When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all of our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Our Englewood office is in a charming, inclusive town just 10 miles from Time Square and its residents enjoy a vast array of entertainment, shopping, and housing options. We chose Englewood to better serve all of our Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Union and Passaic counties in the New Jersey region. Our ground-floor office makes it easy for our clients to walk in and meet with us to discuss their needs privately and in person.
Short Hills is in Millburn Township in Essex County and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. It’s the perfect combination of small-town living with proximity to NYC, with its own distinctive blend of shops, dining, entertainment, and professional services right in the community. It is notable for being an affluent community and home to the upscale Mall at Short Hills, along the border with both Morris and Union counties near the Passaic river. Millburn and Short Hills are located roughly 15 miles from Manhattan.
1) Shop at Short Hills Mall – The Mall at Short Hills is the dominant shopping destination in the suburban metropolitan New York market. It’s located just 19 miles West of Manhattan and is New Jersey’s premier fashion and luxury destination and home to over 150 stores and restaurants. Here you’ll find a collection of luxury brands, exclusive boutiques, and the most sought-after retailers under one roof.
2) Play in the parks – The community has several parks and reserves nearby. Gero Park is on the west side of town and features ball fields, tennis and basketball courts, roller hockey courts, and a playground. Greenwood Gardens is located on the east side of town and features 28 acres of public gardens. Greenwood Gardens is an elegant garden in the eclectic Beaux Arts style of the early 20th century.
3) Visit the Millburn Society Hills Historical Society – If you’re looking for a fun learning opportunity, the exhibits at Millburn-Short Hills Historical Society are a must-see and it is dedicated to preserving the rich history of the town. The Millburn Society Hills Historical Society oversees a museum that features exhibits, research materials, and formal lectures.
4) Explore the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum & Bird Sanctuary – The Cora Hartshorn Arboretum is a historic woodlands garden and educational institution. The Arboretum provides services to local schools, community institutions, and citizens of all ages. Its trails are open to the public from dawn to dusk without charge.
5) Enjoy the great outdoors at South Mountain Reservation – This is a nature reserve covering over 2100 acres located in central Essex County. It covers 2,110 acres and is a nature reserve that is part of the Essex County Park System. It stretches into parts of Maplewood and West Orange and offers a wide range of activities such as a scenic overlook, dog park, picnic areas, hiking trails, and a wildlife refuge.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Englewood Elder Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!