You’ve got questions about ambulatory care. We’ve got answers. Contact us today at (201) 793-3154
When a child falls, it generally isn’t serious. After a quick hug and reassurance that they’re ok, they’re back on their way. But at the other end of the life spectrum, a fall is no laughing matter. For some elderly people, it can mark the beginning of the deterioration of their overall health. They are more likely to break a bone at that age, further limiting their mobility. This makes most biological functions worse, creating problems ranging from muscle strain to organ decline.
It can be hard to prevent falls for an elderly person. Many don’t consider the consequences of one and are leery of the stigma attached to an ambulatory aid like a cane or a walker. They also aren’t keen on a caregiver holding their hand, so they insist they’re able to manage on their own. After all, they’ve walked for more than 70 years without an incident! For many families, the first response is to try to care for elderly parents themselves, but a knowledgeable ambulatory care practice is often instrumental in getting them the outpatient care they need. Believe us–it’s not easy to convince an elder to use support systems, but it is essential for their continued good health.
So how do you get your loved one to accept walking assistance? With humor and gentle persuasion. And it’s often best to do it with someone else. Many family members have tried to help their elderly parents and ended up hurting their own backs, or worse–falling with them. Instead, seeking ambulatory care or visiting a knowledgeable ambulatory care center is instrumental. Assistive technology also helps. Devices like gait belts, which help transfer a person from a bed or other furniture, and a Hoyer lift, another patient lift mechanism, help seniors with serious muscle weakness. For optimum safety, we sometimes recommend a strong male outpatient services caregiver to assist heavier clients. Wheelchairs, walkers, canes, or other assistive devices should also be seriously considered, depending on your loved one’s needs and situation.
If you are concerned about an elder’s fall risk, we at LifeWorx are here to help. Our ambulatory care service has care providers and nurses who can perform a full assessment based on your senior’s walking and the Morse Fall Scale. Together, this gauges the likelihood of a patient falling in an outpatient setting. After the risk assessment is complete, a proper assistive device can be selected for safe, fall-free mobility.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
For some elderly people, a fall can mark the beginning of the deterioration of their overall health.LEARN MORE
Many families try to care for elderly parents themselves, but a knowledgeable ambulatory care practice is instrumental in getting them the outpatient care they need.Watch now
If you are concerned about an elder’s fall risk, we at LifeWorx are here to help. Our ambulatory care service has care providers and nurses who can perform a full assessment based on your senior’s walking and the Morse Fall Scale.LEARN MORE
While all of our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers, and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Our Englewood office is in a charming, inclusive town just 10 miles from Time Square and its residents enjoy a vast array of entertainment, shopping, and housing options. We chose Englewood to better serve all of our Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Union, Morris and Passaic counties in the New Jersey region. Our ground-floor office makes it easy for our clients to walk in and meet with us to discuss their needs privately and in person.
Short Hills is in Millburn Township in Essex County and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. It’s the perfect combination of small-town living with proximity to NYC, with its own distinctive blend of shops, dining, entertainment, and professional services right in the community. It is notable for being an affluent community and home to the upscale Mall at Short Hills, along the border with both Morris and Union counties near the Passaic river. Millburn and Short Hills are located roughly 15 miles from Manhattan.
1) Shop at Short Hills Mall – The Mall at Short Hills is the dominant shopping destination in the suburban metropolitan New York market. It’s located just 19 miles West of Manhattan and is New Jersey’s premier fashion and luxury destination and home to over 150 stores and restaurants. Here you’ll find a collection of luxury brands, exclusive boutiques, and the most sought-after retailers under one roof.
2) Play in the parks – The community has several parks and reserves nearby. Gero Park is on the west side of town and features ball fields, tennis and basketball courts, roller hockey courts, and a playground. Greenwood Gardens is located on the east side of town and features 28 acres of public gardens. Greenwood Gardens is an elegant garden in the eclectic Beaux Arts style of the early 20th
3) Visit the Millburn Society Hills Historical Society – If you’re looking for a fun learning opportunity, the exhibits at Millburn-Short Hills Historical Society are a must-see and it is dedicated to preserving the rich history of the town. The Millburn Society Hills Historical Society oversees a museum that features exhibits, research materials, and formal lectures.
4) Explore the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum & Bird Sanctuary – The Cora Hartshorn Arboretum is a historic woodlands garden and educational institution. The Arboretum provides services to local schools, community institutions, and citizens of all ages. Its trails are open to the public from dawn to dusk without charge.
5) Enjoy the great outdoors at South Mountain Reservation – This is a nature reserve covering over 2100 acres located in central Essex County. It covers 2,110 acres and is a nature reserve that is part of the Essex County Park System. It stretches into parts of Maplewood and West Orange and offers a wide range of activities such as a scenic overlook, dog park, picnic areas, hiking trails, and a wildlife refuge.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Englewood LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!