Got questions about private duty nursing? We’re here to help! (914) 458-9933
When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communication skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elders without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Our team is well equipped to serve the area’s elderly and their families, making sure seniors get the care they deserve.LEARN MORE
In certain situations, extended supervision and care by a private nurse is essential.LEARN MORE
We customize our private duty home care to fit your exact needs.Watch now
Our private duty CNAs are hand-picked to give you and your loved ones the most quality service there is.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, contacting the location closest to where care is needed is best. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Our presence in the area is well known, and most new clients come to us through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for these recommendations and reviews.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Scarsdale is a town and village in Westchester, NY, and is a tranquil escape just 20 miles from New York City and often referred to as New York’s answer to Greenwich, Connecticut. Scarsdale is a quick commute to Midtown Manhattan; less than an hour’s drive and 30 minutes by Metro-North Railroad into Grand Central Station. Scarsdale is home to many high-end boutiques and shops and offers some of the best fine dining in Westchester.
1) Visit the Greenburgh Nature Center – The 33-acre nature center includes a woodland preserve, hiking trails, a pond, and an organic garden. The Greenburgh Nature Center is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to preserving wildlife and teaching the community to respect and appreciate everything it has to offer.
2) Play golf at The Quaker Ridge Golf Club – The Quaker Ridge Golf Club was placed 42nd on Golf Magazine’s list of cup tournaments in 1997. This is more than just a facility for playing golf but has tennis courts, a pool, and a clubhouse, members at this club will feel pampered at this 18-hole course. Quaker Ridge Golf Club is also known for hosting a few tournaments, including the Walker Cup, the Metropolitan PGA Championships, and the Metropolitan Open.
3) Explore the Weinberg Nature Center –This center aims to promote the appreciation and study of conservation and the natural sciences. This is done through various school programs, summer camps, and animal rehabilitation programs. The WNC Trailside Museum sits among 10 acres of the protected wildlife sanctuary.
4) Enjoy the history of the Cudner-Hyatt House – Enjoy the history of one of Scarsdale’s earliest pre-Revolutionary farmhouses. The Cudner-Hyatt House became a 19th-century museum. You can visit the museum and explore its rich history.
5) Indulge in desserts at Galloway’s Bakery – This family-owned bakery is the place to be! It is the place to buy everything for your sweet tooth cravings. Given the title of “Best Food and Drink in Westchester”, by Westchester Magazine.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!