Got questions about private home care? We’re here to help! (917) 809-4181
When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communication skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elders without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Our team is well equipped to serve the area’s elderly and their families, making sure seniors get the care they deserve.LEARN MORE
In certain situations, extended supervision and care by a private nurse is essential.LEARN MORE
We customize our private duty home care to fit your exact needs.Watch now
Our private duty CNAs are hand-picked to give you and your loved ones the most quality service there is.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
With open doors, LifeWorx offers free consultations with client care coordinators and registered nurses to provide you with short-term companionship options or more in-depth care. We offer elder care services that will provide peace of mind for you and your family as well as provide security assistance to your loved one.
Downtown Brooklyn is the third largest central business district in New York City (after Midtown Manhattan and Lower Manhattan) and has changed dramatically since rezoning in 2004 allowed for residential growth. The rezoning and transformations have allowed more impressive new condos which have reshaped the skyline and brought in a mix of people and businesses that were once known for courthouses, colleges, and office buildings. The neighborhood has a lot to offer from its proximity to all best attractions, restaurants, and shopping places in the city, to its vibrant culture and unique character.
Like Lower Manhattan located across the river, Downtown Brooklyn is a hub for transportation where all subway lines meet before dispersing across the borough and the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) is just a short walk to Atlantic Barclays Center. One of the neighborhood’s best features is that it’s easily walkable and people can bike from the Brooklyn or Manhattan bridges where you can see beautiful views of the East River.
1) Enjoy the views and vibes at Brooklyn Heights Promenade – The Brooklyn Heights Promenade captivates the City’s most breathtaking views and walkway stretching across I-278. The Promenade is lined with majestic townhouses and mansions with a completely romantic feel. The walkway is a magnet for photographers and artists who appreciate the quintessential view of the city skyline, picturesque sunrises, and sunsets.
2) Catch a concert or a game at the Barclays Center – Barclays Center is one of the most well-known places to visit in Downtown Brooklyn, NY. It is a multi-purpose indoor arena and hosts numerous events. It is the home arena of the Brooklyn Nets and New York Icelanders, popular National Basketball and Hockey Association teams.
3) Go Shopping at Fulton Mall – Fulton Mall spans several blocks along Fulton Street in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn. The mall is a popular shopping destination and has over 250 retailers who provide everything, from clothes to toys to electronics. A true specialty of Fulton Mall is its mix of national and local businesses and eateries.
4) Explore the historic Williamsburgh Savings Bank Tower – Williamsburgh Bank Tower is one of the oldest and tallest buildings in Brooklyn. Built in 1927, it’s one of the largest clock towers in the world.
5) Visit the New York Transit Museum – The New York Transit Museum under Schermerhorn Street in Downtown Brooklyn is dedicated to the history of New York’s transport system. The beautifully renovated 1936 subway station views an array of vintage subway cars and exhibitions about the underground tunnel systems.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit one of our New York City offices for an in-person consultation. This office is by appointment only. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!