When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, we say that he or she needs private home care. The person who provides this assistance is known as a private caregiver. People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, a person can benefit from someone to simply converse with or help with household management.
No matter what your family’s specific private home care needs may be, LifeWorx can fulfill them. Our private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day, or as many as required—often, our clients request someone who can work on a live-in basis. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, a private caregiver will provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. He or she can also communicate with other family members to let them know how their loved one is doing, sharing stories of special, joyful moments, and providing peace of mind.
Most elders want to be independent and will welcome a live-in caregiver only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding someone who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. Our patented software enables us to search for caregivers with very specific qualities—for instance, a strong male who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting off by getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members imagine!
Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns. One way to do this is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and their companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care if needed.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
Longboat Key is a town in Manatee and Sarasota counties along the central west coast of Florida. Gorgeous Longboat Key offers waterfront golf, fine dining, and luxury resorts. It’s 12 miles of white and pristine sand beaches which has made this a luxury Gulf Coast resort community. Families and visitors can enjoy the many water sport activities from fishing, boating, and kayaking to plucking perfect seashells along the shoreline. Longboat Key bring an elegant and scenic environment that offers the rare combination of breathtaking beaches and cultural activities – all within a desirable, relaxed, and elegant lifestyle.
Close to the lively restaurants and shopping at Saint Armand’s Circle, we are right in the heart of beautiful Sarasota. We are within walking distance of the marina and just a short drive from the scenic views at Lido Key Beach. Our bright and spacious new office is conveniently located in downtown Sarasota at 1425 Main Street. Come say hello!
While all of our offices work together as a team, it’s best to call the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers, and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
1) Lido Key / St. Armand’s Circle – Lido Key’s beach is one of Sarasota’s most interesting waterfront locations and St. Armand’s Circle is a hub of excellent shopping and dining. Lido Key’s pristine white sands and warm breezes offer the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Meanwhile, St. Armands Circle is filled with an exceptional array of shops, restaurants, salons, and spas in an atmosphere of elegance.
2) Sarasota Art Museum – Surrounded by the Ringling College Museum campus, the Sarasota Art Museum has over 10,000 square feet of dedicated exhibition gallery space, an auditorium for educational events, performances, and film, and extensive grounds and facilities where one can engage with site-specific and lively art experiences.
3) Play a round of oceanfront golf at Longboat Key Golf Club – The Longboat Key Golf Club is a charming and romantic golf club on Longboat Key. Rated among the country’s finest golf courses, the club lies in a secluded area on a barrier island of the Gulf of Mexico.
4) Stroll along the scenic boardwalks of Joan M. Durante Community Park – Joan M. Durante is a community park found in Longboat Key, Florida. The park is expansive and has beautiful boardwalks, trails, lawns, and vegetation. At this community park, you can enjoy the wildlife in its natural habitat, water fountain flowing with tranquil waters, and a lovely playground where children can play.
5) Kayak at the Bayfront Park – Bayfront Park is a public recreation area where you can have the opportunity to experience the tremendous thrill in the form of water games and activities awaits you if you like them. An enclosed playground, a dog park, fishing pier, and kayak launch are all available on the property.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Term Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!