When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, we say that he or she needs private home care. The person who provides this assistance is known as a private caregiver. People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, a person can benefit from someone to simply converse with or help with household management.
No matter what your family’s specific private home care needs may be, LifeWorx can fulfill them. Our private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day, or as many as required—often, our clients request someone who can work on a live-in basis. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, a private caregiver will provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. He or she can also communicate with other family members to let them know how their loved one is doing, sharing stories of special, joyful moments, and providing peace of mind.
Most elders want to be independent and will welcome a live-in caregiver only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding someone who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. Our patented software enables us to search for caregivers with very specific qualities—for instance, a strong male who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting off by getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members imagine!
Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns. One way to do this is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and their companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care if needed.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. The care consultants and candidate relations managers are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Situated just west of Palm Beach along the Intracoastal Waterway, West Palm Beach is one of the three largest cities that make up the South Florida region, and the central city of Palm Beach County. Home to a breathtaking waterfront, bustling entertainment districts, and scenic neighborhoods, West Palm Beach is a lot more than just palm trees and beaches.
West Palm Beach is combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. It’s separated from neighboring Palm Beach by the Lake Worth Lagoon. At South Florida, you have access to everything, and attracts people from across the country. Our office makes it easy for our clients to meet us to discuss their needs privately in person.
1) Stay All Day in Jupiter Beach Park – There’s plenty to do at Jupiter Beach Park. It lies three minutes east of the Jupiter Dunes Golf Course and is direct across from the lovely Dubois Park. If you haven’t tried inlet fishing this is the perfect first spot to go. This 46-acre park has plenty of amenities: including lifeguards, a volleyball court, picnic areas, grills, restrooms, and outdoor showers.
2) Climb the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse – The historic 105-foot red Jupiter lighthouse is one of the few Florida lighthouses you can climb. There’s a whole complex of activities around the lighthouse. Today, the lighthouse and its museum are operated by the Loxahatchee River Historical Society Visiting this breathtakingly beautiful tourist attraction, deemed an Outstanding Natural Area, is one of the best things to do in Jupiter.
3) Explore Clematis Street –Clematis Street is a trendy destination that’s home to some of the city’s most popular eateries, galleries, and shops. There are year-round happenings and views at Clematis Street where the scenic waterfall is located.
4) Snorkeling at Coral Cove Reef – Coral Cove Reef is best known as “the place” to learn to snorkel because of the calm water and plentiful wildlife. Coral Cove Reef consists of two acres of inspiring and massive artificial reefs located in the Blowing Rocks Preserve. The 15-acre beach is lifeguard protected and has a large picnic area with grills and tables, as well as a playground.
5) Learn about Loxahatchee Wildlife at The River Center – This is the perfect place to learn and appreciate more about the Loxahatchee River and the wildlife it contains. A great place to educate children as the river Center has live aquatic tanks and interactive exhibits. This is a very diverse site, the center hosts summer internships for those who enjoy working with children.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Term Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!