When a loved one needs care, it can be such a difficult decision as to what to do. Many families all over Westchester county from Bronxville to Bedford are having the debate whether to move mom to an Assisted Living Facility or keep mom at home. Well, many believe home is where the heart is. When one opts for Private Home Care it allows them to keep what is familiar in their loved one’s lives. Assisted living facilities can be wonderful when you find the right one, but many people feel it is the continuum of familiarity that will keep our loved ones happy. A sudden change or an abrupt disruption to our loved ones’ daily lives can be a devastating event.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communication skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
As a NY State licensed agency, we are a one-stop shop for all your home care needs.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx is among the 5-7% of agencies that is CHAP-accredited, and our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.LEARN MORE
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.Watch now
We also handle all long-term care insurance paperwork with your insurance company.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, contacting the location closest to where care is needed is best. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Our presence in the area is well known, and most new clients come to us through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for these recommendations and reviews.
Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Irvington sometimes referred to as “Irvington-on-Hudson” is a suburban village located in the town of Greenburgh in Westchester County. It is located on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan in New York City, and is served by the Metro-North Hudson line. To the north of Irvington is the village of Tarrytown, to the south village of Dobbs Ferry, and to the east are unincorporated parts of Greenburgh, including East Irvington. There are no strip malls or even supermarkets here, but Irvington’s charm is best experienced by strolling in its parks. Irvington is best known for its eclectic mix of shops, independently owned businesses housed in historic blocks, and restaurants in the historic downtown.
1) Take a stroll at the Scenic Hudson Park – The Scenic Hudson Park at Irvington is on the Hudson River in the Village of Irvington in Westchester County. Scenic Hudson Park at Irvington is co-owned by the Village of Irvington and The Scenic Hudson Land Trust, Inc. The park includes one mile of pathways that weave around and through the site. There are acres of open lawns for passive recreation, picnicking, and appreciating views of the Hudson Highlands and Hudson River.
2) Catch a show at the Irvington Theater – After a long day, sit back, relax, and enjoy a show at the Irvington Theater. Home to high-quality theater, music, film, comedy, and dance. There is something for everyone to see at the Irvington Theater. The theater is a 432-seat live performance venue located on the entire third floor of the Town Hall in downtown Irvington, NY.
3) Visit The Town Hall –Irvington Town Hall is home to the village government, police department, and until 2000 the public library. The 432-seat theatre is also used for many local gatherings such as school graduations and was also built on the second story. The very top of the Town Hall is the clock tower’s domed roof. The feature has made the clock tower one of Irvington’s most recognizable local landmarks.
4) Walk/Bike The Old Croton Aqueduct trail – The Old Croton Aqueduct trail is perfect for jogging, hiking, dirt biking, and walking with strollers. The 26.2-mile Old Croton Aqueduct State Historic Park runs from Yonkers to Cordlant in Westchester County.
5) Check out The Armour-Stiner House – The Armour-Stiner House is an octagon-shaped and domed Victorian style-house located in Westchester County, NY. It was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1976. It is the only known fully domed octagonal residence. In April 2019, the Armour-Stiner (Octagon) house opened its doors for guided tours by appointment.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!