Bringing in a home health aide or home attendant is one of the touchiest subjects for seniors. All seniors seek to maintain their dignity and privacy, which makes them resistant to the idea of a home attendant. However, he or she may need one to maintain good hygiene. After all, the consequences of poor personal care can become serious, leading to rashes, bedsores, and even infections. Each of our home care aides is equipped to care for and prevent such incidents. With the right HHA for your loved one, you can trust them to institute a daily routine of good hygiene.
In addition, new devices and technology make it easier than ever for an in-home health aide to keep an elderly client groomed and healthy. For instance, specially designed razors help ensure that a home care aide can shave clients without accidental cuts. Likewise, there are adult diapers that give early warnings of an impending urinary tract infection. It is now easier than ever for a home care aide to care for the needs of your loved one.
A good HHA will use all available resources and technology to institute a daily routine of good hygiene. This, in turn, can greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life. Once an elder has been properly cared for, including having been showered and groomed, their self-esteem rises. They’re more likely to be active and to venture outside, which is essential for good psychological and physical well-being.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Our presence in the area is well known, and most new clients come to us through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for these recommendations and reviews. When you contact us for private-duty home care, we provide you with a free consultation and a high-quality caregiver that is a perfect match for your needs.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents—including a U.S. president—in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Irvington sometimes referred to as “Irvington-on-Hudson” is a suburban village located in the town of Greenburgh in Westchester County. It is located on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan in New York City, and is served by the Metro-North Hudson line. To the north of Irvington is the village of Tarrytown, to the south village of Dobbs Ferry, and to the east are unincorporated parts of Greenburgh, including East Irvington. There are no strip malls or even supermarkets here, but Irvington’s charm is best experienced by strolling in its parks. Irvington is best known for its eclectic mix of shops, independently owned businesses housed in historic blocks, and restaurants in the historic downtown.
1) Take a stroll at the Scenic Hudson Park – The Scenic Hudson Park at Irvington is on the Hudson River in the Village of Irvington in Westchester County. Scenic Hudson Park at Irvington is co-owned by the Village of Irvington and The Scenic Hudson Land Trust, Inc. The park includes one mile of pathways that weave around and through the site. There are acres of open lawns for passive recreation, picnicking, and appreciating views of the Hudson Highlands and Hudson River.
2) Catch a show at the Irvington Theater – After a long day, sit back, relax, and enjoy a show at the Irvington Theater. Home to high-quality theater, music, film, comedy, and dance. There is something for everyone to see at the Irvington Theater. The theater is a 432-seat live performance venue located on the entire third floor of the Town Hall in downtown Irvington, NY.
3) Visit The Town Hall –Irvington Town Hall is home to the village government, police department, and until 2000 the public library. The 432-seat theatre is also used for many local gatherings such as school graduations and was also built on the second story. The very top of the Town Hall is the clock tower’s domed roof. The feature has made the clock tower one of Irvington’s most recognizable local landmarks.
4) Walk/Bike The Old Croton Aqueduct trail – The Old Croton Aqueduct trail is perfect for jogging, hiking, dirt biking, and walking with strollers. The 26.2-mile Old Croton Aqueduct State Historic Park runs from Yonkers to Cordlant in Westchester County.
5) Check out The Armour-Stiner House – The Armour-Stiner House is an octagon-shaped and domed Victorian style-house located in Westchester County, NY. It was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1976. It is the only known fully domed octagonal residence. In April 2019, the Armour-Stiner (Octagon) house opened its doors for guided tours by appointment.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!