You’ve got questions about ambulatory care. We’ve got answers. Contact us today at (516) 501-9152
When a child falls, it generally isn’t serious. After a quick hug and reassurance that they’re ok, they’re back on their way. But at the other end of the life spectrum, a fall is no laughing matter. For some elderly people, it can mark the beginning of the deterioration of their overall health. They are more likely to break a bone at that age, further limiting their mobility. This makes most biological functions worse, creating problems ranging from muscle strain to organ decline.
It can be hard to prevent falls for an elderly person. Many don’t consider the consequences of one and are leery of the stigma attached to an ambulatory aid like a cane or a walker. They also aren’t keen on a caregiver holding their hand, so they insist they’re able to manage on their own. After all, they’ve walked for more than 70 years without an incident! For many families, the first response is to try to care for elderly parents themselves, but a knowledgeable ambulatory care practice is often instrumental in getting them the outpatient care they need. Believe us–it’s not easy to convince an elder to use support systems, but it is essential for their continued good health.
So how do you get your loved one to accept walking assistance? With humor and gentle persuasion. And it’s often best to do it with someone else. Many family members have tried to help their elderly parents and ended up hurting their own backs, or worse–falling with them. Instead, seeking ambulatory care or visiting a knowledgeable ambulatory care center is instrumental. Assistive technology also helps. Devices like gait belts, which help transfer a person from a bed or other furniture, and a Hoyer lift, another patient lift mechanism, help seniors with serious muscle weakness. For optimum safety, we sometimes recommend a strong male outpatient services caregiver to assist heavier clients. Wheelchairs, walkers, canes, or other assistive devices should also be seriously considered, depending on your loved one’s needs and situation.
If you are concerned about an elder’s fall risk, we at LifeWorx are here to help. Our ambulatory care service has care providers and nurses who can perform a full assessment based on your senior’s walking and the Morse Fall Scale. Together, this gauges the likelihood of a patient falling in an outpatient setting. After the risk assessment is complete, a proper assistive device can be selected for safe, fall-free mobility.
Creating a large, fully screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
For some elderly people, a fall can mark the beginning of the deterioration of their overall health.LEARN MORE
Many families try to care for elderly parents themselves, but a knowledgeable ambulatory care practice is instrumental in getting them the outpatient care they need.Watch now
If you are concerned about an elder’s fall risk, we at LifeWorx are here to help. Our ambulatory care service has care providers and nurses who can perform a full assessment based on your senior’s walking and the Morse Fall Scale.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Located just 20 miles outside of Manhattan, our office in Great Neck is right at home in this quaint, upscale town. Servicing all of Nassau and Suffolk counties, our team here is well-equipped to meet the high standards of one of the country’s most affluent areas. There is a high demand for our in-home care services here and our clients love the area for its pristine golf courses and proximity to the Long Island Sound, perhaps best known as F. Scott Fitzgerald’s inspiration for “The Great Gatsby.”
Given the large number of nursing and rehabilitation facilities on Long Island – over 50 nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Suffolk and Nassau counties alone – we at LifeWorx have had to educate ourselves on the importance of long-term care insurance here in the region and proudly serving both Nassau and Suffolk counties with professional elder in-home care. We are here to serve as the liaison between you and your long-term care policy, so you can focus on what’s important: spending time with those you love in the long term.
Huntington, NY is one of ten towns in Suffolk County, NY. Huntington is located just 40 miles from Manhattan and sits on the north-western corner of Suffolk County and the Long Island sound. Noted for its gorgeous coastline filled with beaches, parks, museums, and amenities including fine dining, entertainment, and exceptional shopping. The Town is within easy commuting distance of New York City. The Long Island Railroad has frequent schedules of trains and accommodates its commuters daily to New York City from the four stations in the Town
1) Explore the Oheka Castle – Oheka Castle, also known as the Otto Kahn Estate, is a hotel located on the North Shore of Long Island. It is a breathtakingly beautiful historic mansion, and it is recognized as one of the most prestigious wedding venues in the World as it boasts 32 luxurious guestrooms and suites, and it offers Historic Mansion tours of the estate and gardens.
2) Spend an afternoon at the Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion, and Planetarium – If you’re up for taking a short drive from Huntington, you will discover a unique museum situated along the North Shore of Long Island in Suffolk County. The Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion, and Planetarium offer a lot of fun activities and interesting exhibits you can view. Since this is a museum, mansion, and planetarium in one location, you will definitely see a lot of interesting things on every corner.
3) Relax at Fleets Cove Beach – This beach is nestled between Northport and Huntington and occupies 1,600 feet on Centerport’s coast. The beach has a grassy knoll and is perfect for picnic lunches. There’s an abundance of beauty at Fleets Cove, with its many opportunities for swimming and fishing.
4) Indulge in the sweetness of Long Island Chocolate & Chip in Dipped Chocolatier – Satisfy your sweet tooth and savor the best gourmet chocolates from the Long Island Chocolate & Chip’n Dipped Chocolatier. Their offerings are from chocolates to cookies to cake – any form of chocolate you can think of.
5) Visit Heckscher Park – This is a popular park that tourists and locals frequent for a relaxing yet fun day outdoors. The park hosts annual events, including art festivals, concerts, and more. If you enjoy nature and staying outdoors, Heckscher Park is a fantastic place to visit the pathways are surrounded by grass and bridges all over small ponds.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Island LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!