A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care options provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed from him, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months.
He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier. Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in senior long-term care coverage. Whether it was because their employer offered it or they decided to plan for their future on their own, the sooner someone begins to explore long-term care options, the better for them and their family.
Long-term care for the elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements. We believe that a full understanding of the long-term care options available is essential to family members.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions. Our presence in the area is well-known, and most new clients come through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for the recommendations and reviews.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. This town is home to LifeWorx’s flagship office. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents—including a U.S. president—in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly-seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
The village, originally named “Hastings-Upon-Hudson” is part of the Greenburgh town and was incorporated in 1879. Hastings-on-Hudson is located on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, approximately 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, NYC. To the north of Hastings-on-Hudson is the village of Dobbs Ferry, to the south is the city of Yonkers, and to the east unincorporated parts of Greenburgh. Hastings-on-Hudson is a beautiful community just across the river from New Jersey’s Palisades. The 2.9 square-mile village was once an area of different industries in the 1800s and in addition to its rich history, the village is packed with beautiful tourist attractions.
1) Walk through history at the Hastings Historical Society – Hastings Historical Society allows you to learn more about the village. In April 1971, the society became official and stores more than 12,000 photographs of the village’s history, artifacts, and other memorabilia. It fosters and maintains awareness of and appreciation for the history of the village of Hastings-on-Hudson.
2) Picnic or Paddle on the River in Kinnally Cove – Since Hastings-on-Hudson sits on the riverbank, kayaking or canoeing is easier for both locals and tourists. At Kinnally Cove on River Street, there’s a kayak or canoe launch where you can start paddling in the gorgeous Hudson River. There are also a kayak or canoe rentals nearby, like Hudson River Recreation which offers different tours all over the area.
3) Enjoy a scenic walk at MacEachron Waterfront Park – This 1.3-acre park is a hidden gem. It features a few benches by the water with majestic views of New Jersey’s Palisades Amusement Park across the river. The park is small enough to take scenic walks, which won’t take an entire day.
4) Buy fresh produce at Hastings Farmers Market – Here you’ll find farm-fresh produce and other local goods available at the market while you enjoy the gorgeous views of the Hudson River. The Hastings Farmer’s Market assembles a destination-worthy assortment of vendors. The Hastings Farmers Market aims to support local growers and businesses and educate everyone to practice sustainability.
5) Shop Downtown – When you continue down Warburton until you reach Main Street, you’ll find Suburban Renewal – a two-level antique shop with hidden gems. Stock up on vinyl at Clockwork Records, apothecary goods at Found Herbal, and plenty of other unique shops
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!