When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
People who can benefit from a private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, they may just need someone to converse with or help with household management needs. No matter your family’s specific needs, we can provide home care.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and his/her relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your
loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting small and getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members give them credit for! Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns.
One way is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and the companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care.
Our Sarasota office is well equipped to serve the area’s elderly and their families, making sure seniors get the care they deserve.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. The care consultants and candidate relations managers are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you.
Approximately 200 miles from our Sarasota Office, Delray Beach is an intimate town and a popular destination for locals and visitors alike. Delray Beach, recently named “The Most Fun Small Town in America” has something for everyone, whether it be the beautiful beach or extreme sports, wine tastings, festivals, arts, or cultural experiences. Nestled between Boynton Beach and Boca Raton, Delray Beach is famous for its lively main street and inviting beach weather, a thriving arts scene, and interesting culture that stretches back centuries.
The city stretches from its gorgeous Atlantic beaches, over the Intracoastal Waterway, through a bustling downtown, all the way to a refuge on the edge of Everglades. Conveniently located right off I-95, it is an easy drive no matter where you are coming from.
1) Explore the Pineapple Grove Arts District – located just off Atlantic Avenue in downtown Delray Beach, the Pineapple Grove Arts District features an eclectic mix of art galleries, boutiques, and shops. With so much to explore, it’s easy to spend hours in this trendy district.
2) Hang out at one of the most beautiful beaches in South Florida – the Delray Municipal Beach – named the top beach in the southeastern U.S. by Travel Holiday magazine, this beach is popular with people of all ages. Visitors looking for excitement can rent equipment – from snorkeling gear to paddleboards – at the Delray Beach Watersports shack.
3) Spend a day in Gulfstream Park – located beside the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, this park is suitable for families and people of all ages. Within the nearly seven-acre walk, you’ll find a swimming area and plenty of green space for picnicking, ball playing, or lounging.
4) Enjoy the vibe at Atlantic Avenue – one of the liveliest places in downtown Delray beach that stretches for about two miles, this long and lively thoroughfare is the city’s epicenter of fun. Atlantic Avenue is the ultimate shopper’s paradise.
5) Visit Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens – one of the most beautiful and peaceful places in Palm Beach County. It is known for its Japanese festivals around the year. At this Japanese garden, you can also go for solitary walks along the pathways that unfold into the most beautiful parts of the garden.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Sarasota Private Home Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!