When a loved one needs care, it can be such a difficult decision as to what to do. Many families all over Westchester county from Bronxville to Bedford are having the debate whether to move mom to an Assisted Living Facility or keep mom at home. Well, many believe home is where the heart is. When one opts for Private Home Care it allows them to keep what is familiar in their loved one’s lives. Assisted living facilities can be wonderful when you find the right one, but many people feel it is the continuum of familiarity that will keep our loved ones happy. A sudden change or an abrupt disruption to our loved ones’ daily lives can be a devastating event.
LifeWorx private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day or as much as live-in when needed. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, they provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. They can also communicate with other family members to let them know how your loved one is doing, imparting joy and peace of mind to the individual and their relatives.
Most elders want to be fairly independent and will welcome live-in care only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding a private caregiver who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communication skills, as well as the activities they can offer your loved one, like playing word games and cards or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe but also entertained and occupied. For example, our patented software enables us to search for a strong male caregiver who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, it’s called private home care or a private caregiver. In many cases, our clients request a live-in caregiver. LifeWorx can provide all of your private home care needs.
As a NY State licensed agency, we are a one-stop shop for all your home care needs.LEARN MORE
LifeWorx is among the 5-7% of agencies that is CHAP-accredited, and our private home care is customized to fit your exact needs.LEARN MORE
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.Watch now
We also handle all long-term care insurance paperwork with your insurance company.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, contacting the location closest to where care is needed is best. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you find solutions.
Our presence in the area is well known, and most new clients come to us through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for these recommendations and reviews.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Bronxville is a village in Westchester County and is located approximately 15 miles north of Midtown Manhattan homes are within walking distance of Metro-North. Bronxville is known as one of the most affluent communities in the U.S. This village is an ideal combination of city meets suburb and is nestled along the Bronx River in southern Westchester County in New York. With a quaint downtown area full of restaurants and shops, there’s a lot of charm to the community
A one square mile village of historical significance, where residents can walk from their homes to the thriving business district, and find a grocery store, pharmacies, movie theater, upscale shops (both independent and national retailers), restaurants, banks, medical assistance, community organizations, etc. Bronxville has much to offer for both residents and businesses alike. All these businesses are easily accessed by major highways, other Westchester towns, and New York City.
1) Explore Untermyer Gardens – Located just a few miles north of the Bronx border, Untermyer Gardens is a sprawling, scenic urban oasis that can be enjoyed by the whole family year-round. The renowned Untermyer Gardens is a 43-acre historic park in Yonkers that features a Persian Paradise Garden, a small amphitheater, a classic pavilion in the “Temple of Love” and a “Vista” staircase.
2) Stop by the Bronx River Parkway Reservation –This is Westchester’s oldest park an 807-acre paved linear park that was created as an adjunct to the Bronx River Parkway. The park extends approximately 13 miles in Westchester from the New York City line north to the Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla. The picturesque reservation runs through the heart of Southern Westchester County and features wooden footbridges and is a favorite place for bicycling, walking, running, and nature study.
3) Visit the Bronxville Farmer’s Market –The Bronxville Farmer’s Market has a 20-year history and is an important contributor to the Bronxville Chamber of Commerce. There are dozens of market vendors that sell products and local produce grown in the Hudson Valley.
4) Make time for the Hudson River Museum – The Hudson River Museum is in Trevor Park in Yonkers, NY, and is the largest museum in Westchester County. You will be able to experience the power of art, science, and history at one of the preeminent cultural institutions. It offers experiences for everyone of any age.
5) Participate in the Riding Academy at Twin Lakes Park and Farms – Twin Lakes Farm is a riding academy and a competitive show stable that is situated on two campuses – which are both located in Twin Lakes Park on the border of Eastchester and Bronxville, NY. Additionally, the park has space for fishing and winter sports.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!