A few months ago, an elderly gentleman called our long-term care agency and spoke with one of our team members. He was caught in a battle between his doctor’s office and his long-term care options provider. The insurance company wasn’t clearly communicating what they needed from him, so he was unable to let his doctor’s office know. After speaking with one of our trained staff members, he was able to get his claim approved in two months.
He is now receiving quality long-term care with one of our caregivers using his insurance. They have helped him manage his blood pressure and get stronger and healthier. Before he came to LifeWorx, he was quite frail and easily confused and we knew he needed our help. We share this story as a classic example of the importance of follow up and attention to detail. After his experience, he called his team member his angel.
You may not know if your parents have long-term care insurance—a policy that helps cover the costs of care when a person has a chronic medical condition, disability, or a disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This may even be the first time you’ve even heard the term. However, many of our clients invest in senior long-term care coverage. Whether it was because their employer offered it or they decided to plan for their future on their own, the sooner someone begins to explore long-term care options, the better for them and their family.
Long-term care for the elderly can be complex to navigate, especially when it comes to insurance. Each long-term care provider and policy is different. Waiting periods can vary, as well as the conditions required to activate the insurance coverage. The daily, monthly, and lifetime maximum caps can also vary. In addition, policies may differ in whom they cover—some couples have dual or spousal insurance that allows the benefits to transfer from one partner to another if necessary. Still, long-term care options for seniors do exist.
If you believe your loved one has long-term care insurance, we suggest you have a professional review the policy or ask LifeWorx to advise you. We have worked with all major policy providers to ensure our senior long-term care clients are qualified and that services are covered to bring you maximum benefit. Let us take care of the administrative aspects of long-term care for your loved one, from assessment to devising a care plan and processing invoices, payments, and reimbursements. We believe that a full understanding of the long-term care options available is essential to family members.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process simple-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions. Our presence in the area is well-known, and most new clients come through recommendations from previous ones. We are deeply grateful for the recommendations and reviews.
Just 35 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Chappaqua, NY has a small-town rural feel, complete with small shops, restaurants, and a gazebo where summer concerts are held. This town is home to LifeWorx’s flagship office. LifeWorx has serviced thousands of residents—including a U.S. president—in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, with the help of highly-seasoned staff members. We will treat you like a guest in our home.
Bronxville is a village in Westchester County and is located approximately 15 miles north of Midtown Manhattan homes are within walking distance of Metro-North. Bronxville is known as one of the most affluent communities in the U.S. This village is an ideal combination of city meets suburb and is nestled along the Bronx River in southern Westchester County in New York. With a quaint downtown area full of restaurants and shops, there’s a lot of charm to the community
A one square mile village of historical significance, where residents can walk from their homes to the thriving business district, and find a grocery store, pharmacies, movie theater, upscale shops (both independent and national retailers), restaurants, banks, medical assistance, community organizations, etc. Bronxville has much to offer for both residents and businesses alike. All these businesses are easily accessed by major highways, other Westchester towns, and New York City.
1) Explore Untermyer Gardens – located just a few miles north of the Bronx border, Untermyer Gardens is a sprawling, scenic urban oasis that can be enjoyed by the whole family year-round. The renowned Untermyer Gardens is a 43-acre historic park in Yonkers that features a Persian Paradise Garden, a small amphitheater, a classic pavilion in the “Temple of Love” and a “Vista” staircase.
2) Stop by the Bronx River Parkway Reservation – this is Westchester’s oldest park an 807-acre paved linear park that was created as an adjunct to the Bronx River Parkway. The park extends approximately 13 miles in Westchester from the New York City line north to the Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla. The picturesque reservation runs through the heart of Southern Westchester County and features wooden footbridges and is a favorite place for bicycling, walking, running, and nature study.
3) Visit the Bronxville Farmer’s Market –The Bronxville Farmer’s Market has a 20-year history and is an important contributor to the Bronxville Chamber of Commerce. There are dozens of market vendors that sell products and local produce grown in the Hudson Valley.
4) Make time for the Hudson River Museum – The Hudson River Museum is in Trevor Park in Yonkers, NY, and is the largest museum in Westchester County. You will be able to experience the power of art, science, and history at one of the preeminent cultural institutions. It offers experiences for everyone of any age.
5) Participate in the Riding Academy at Twin Lakes Park and Farms – Twin Lakes Farm is a riding academy and a competitive show stable that is situated on two campuses – which are both located in Twin Lakes Park on the border of Eastchester and Bronxville, NY. Additionally, the park has space for fishing and winter sports.
2,000customers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Chappaqua LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!