When someone requires care that is not medical in nature, we say that he or she needs private home care. The person who provides this assistance is known as a private caregiver. People who can benefit from private home care include those with mild dementia, frailty, depression, or loss of faculty. Sometimes, a person can benefit from someone to simply converse with or help with household management.
No matter what your family’s specific private home care needs may be, LifeWorx can fulfill them. Our private caregivers are available for as little as a few hours per day, or as many as required—often, our clients request someone who can work on a live-in basis. In addition to taking care of basic household chores like cooking and cleaning, a private caregiver will provide conversation and companionship, accompanying your loved one on errands and to lunches, dinners, and shows. He or she can also communicate with other family members to let them know how their loved one is doing, sharing stories of special, joyful moments, and providing peace of mind.
Most elders want to be independent and will welcome a live-in caregiver only if they feel good about the chemistry. That’s why, at LifeWorx, we focus on finding someone who really “clicks” with your loved one. We assess the caregiver’s communications skills, as well as the activities they can offer, like playing word games and cards, or suggesting films to watch together. We are careful to suggest caregivers who will not only keep your senior safe, but also entertained and occupied. Our patented software enables us to search for caregivers with very specific qualities—for instance, a strong male who is an expert in playing chess. We know that when it comes to 24-hour care, attention to detail is critical.
If your loved one needs private home care but is resistant to the idea, we recommend starting off by getting him or her deeply involved in the selection process. Many times, families try to dictate what should be done for their elder without getting his or her consent. They figure he or she will simply go along with the change, but this generally backfires. Why? Because seniors are smarter—and more stubborn—than family members imagine!
Instead, be candid and upfront, sharing your concerns. One way to do this is to say, “I think you could use someone to keep you company and help you out.” Start with just a few hours a week of private home care and see how the relationship develops over time. Once your loved one and their companion have bonded, it will become increasingly easier to transition to 24-hour care if needed.
Creating a large, fully-screened resource pool of only highly skilled elder care providers.LEARN MORE
Listening to you and finding the perfect match for your family’s needs.LEARN MORE
Making the entire process easy-your one call does it all, and with one point of contact.Watch now
We do all the behind-the-scenes work so you and your family can enjoy solutions designed for your needs.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. The care consultants and candidate relations managers are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Situated just west of Palm Beach along the Intracoastal Waterway, West Palm Beach is one of the three largest cities that make up the South Florida region, and the central city of Palm Beach County. Home to a breathtaking waterfront, bustling entertainment districts, and scenic neighborhoods, West Palm Beach is a lot more than just palm trees and beaches.
West Palm Beach is combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. It’s separated from neighboring Palm Beach by the Lake Worth Lagoon. At South Florida, you have access to everything, and attracts people from across the country. Our office makes it easy for our clients to meet us to discuss their needs privately in person.
1) Visit Mizner Park – Mizner Park in downtown Boca’s shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. The shopping component is the heartbeat of Mizner Park, offering a high level of luxury choices with renowned jewelers, boutiques, national retailers, and 16 of the finest restaurants for every taste. It is also home to the Mizner Park Amphitheater and the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
2) Explore the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens – You’ll feel like you took a quick trip to Japan when visiting the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Boca Raton. The museum and garden are the perfect cultural hub for all things Japanese, meant to educate and inspire the community. Guests will enjoy and appreciate the tranquil surroundings. Additionally, the museum also hosts numerous cultural events throughout the year.
3) Spend an afternoon at The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center – Visit this 20-acre protected barrier island that provides both recreational and educational opportunities. This joint project hosts environmental programs for all ages. It also features views of the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal waterway and is part of Red Reef Park, a manmade beachfront to the Intracoastal reef.
4) Attend a game in the FAU Stadium – If you’ve never attended a game at Florida Atlantic University’s FAU Stadium, it’s worth checking out. This is a huge and unique stadium for many reasons. It is a multipurpose area for students and athletes. It is the only one in the U.S. to offer views of the Atlantic Ocean from its highest seats and press box.
5) Immerse yourself in the rich history of Boca Raton – If you’re interested in history, take a stroll to the Boca Raton Historical Society located in the historic Town Hall easily noticed by its shining gold dome heart in the heart of Boca Raton. The society is known for its goal of historic designation and restoring historical structures important to the history of Boca Raton.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Long Term Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!