You’ve got questions about ambulatory care. We’ve got answers. Contact us today at (561) 816-3854
When a child falls, it generally isn’t serious. After a quick hug and reassurance that they’re ok, they’re back on their way. But at the other end of the life spectrum, a fall is no laughing matter. For some elderly people, it can mark the beginning of the deterioration of their overall health. They are more likely to break a bone at that age, further limiting their mobility. This makes most biological functions worse, creating problems ranging from muscle strain to organ decline.
It can be hard to prevent falls for an elderly person. Many don’t consider the consequences of one and are leery of the stigma attached to an ambulatory aid like a cane or a walker. They also aren’t keen on a caregiver holding their hand, so they insist they’re able to manage on their own. After all, they’ve walked for more than 70 years without an incident! For many families, the first response is to try to care for elderly parents themselves, but a knowledgeable ambulatory care practice is often instrumental in getting them the outpatient care they need. Believe us–it’s not easy to convince an elder to use support systems, but it is essential for their continued good health.
So how do you get your loved one to accept walking assistance? With humor and gentle persuasion. And it’s often best to do it with someone else. Many family members have tried to help their elderly parents and ended up hurting their own backs, or worse–falling with them. Instead, seeking ambulatory care or visiting a knowledgeable ambulatory care center is instrumental. Assistive technology also helps. Devices like gait belts, which help transfer a person from a bed or other furniture, and a Hoyer lift, another patient lift mechanism, help seniors with serious muscle weakness. For optimum safety, we sometimes recommend a strong male outpatient services caregiver to assist heavier clients. Wheelchairs, walkers, canes, or other assistive devices should also be seriously considered, depending on your loved one’s needs and situation.
If you are concerned about an elder’s fall risk, we at LifeWorx are here to help. Our ambulatory care service has care providers and nurses who can perform a full assessment based on your senior’s walking and the Morse Fall Scale. Together, this gauges the likelihood of a patient falling in an outpatient setting. After the risk assessment is complete, a proper assistive device can be selected for safe, fall-free mobility.
Servicing Palm Beach County households who are 65 years or older.LEARN MORE
For some elderly people, a fall can mark the beginning of the deterioration of their overall health.LEARN MORE
Many families try to care for elderly parents themselves, but a knowledgeable ambulatory care practice is instrumental in getting them the outpatient care they need.Watch now
If you are concerned about an elder’s fall risk, we at LifeWorx are here to help. Our ambulatory care service has care providers and nurses who can perform a full assessment based on your senior’s walking and the Morse Fall Scale.LEARN MORE
While all our offices work together as a team, it is best to contact the location closest to where care is needed. Its care coordinators and office staff are familiar with the available pool of local caregivers and can provide the most fitting candidates for you. If you or a loved one needs companion care, you may be worried, feel sad, and have lots of questions. Our consultations are free, and we welcome the opportunity to help you and find solutions.
Situated just west of Palm Beach along the Intracoastal Waterway, West Palm Beach is one of the three largest cities that make up the South Florida region, and the central city of Palm Beach County. Home to a breathtaking waterfront, bustling entertainment districts, and scenic neighborhoods, West Palm Beach is a lot more than just palm trees and beaches.
West Palm Beach is combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. It’s separated from neighboring Palm Beach by the Lake Worth Lagoon. At South Florida, you have access to everything, and attracts people from across the country. Our office makes it easy for our clients to meet us to discuss their needs privately in person.
1) Visit Mizner Park – Mizner Park in downtown Boca’s shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. The shopping component is the heartbeat of Mizner Park, offering a high level of luxury choices with renowned jewelers, boutiques, national retailers, and 16 of the finest restaurants for every taste. It is also home to the Mizner Park Amphitheater and the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
2) Explore the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens – You’ll feel like you took a quick trip to Japan when visiting the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Boca Raton. The museum and garden are the perfect cultural hub for all things Japanese, meant to educate and inspire the community. Guests will enjoy and appreciate the tranquil surroundings. Additionally, the museum also hosts numerous cultural events throughout the year.
3) Spend an afternoon at The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center – Visit this 20-acre protected barrier island that provides both recreational and educational opportunities. This joint project hosts environmental programs for all ages. It also features views of the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal waterway and is part of Red Reef Park, a manmade beachfront to the Intracoastal reef.
4) Attend a game in the FAU Stadium – If you’ve never attended a game at Florida Atlantic University’s FAU Stadium, it’s worth checking out. This is a huge and unique stadium for many reasons. It is a multipurpose area for students and athletes. It is the only one in the U.S. to offer views of the Atlantic Ocean from its highest seats and press box.
5) Immerse yourself in the rich history of Boca Raton – If you’re interested in history, take a stroll to the Boca Raton Historical Society located in the historic Town Hall easily noticed by its shining gold dome heart in the heart of Boca Raton. The society is known for its goal of historic designation and restoring historical structures important to the history of Boca Raton.
500kcustomers served (and counting)
We welcome you to visit our Ambulatory Care LifeWorx location for an in-person consultation. Success for us is finding the perfect local match for your family while maintaining clear and consistent communication.Contact Us Today!